Re: Welcome

Bobbie, I suggest posting a new thread in Premium describing what kind of formatting problems you're having. You'll get the most advice that way, although not always the best. :-)

Hi. I'm a new member and look forward to reading some great content and hopefully improve my own writing.

Jeannie

Welcome aboard, Jeannie! TNBW is a great place to be!

Hello, All

M. Farkas Fowler wrote:

Hello, All

Hello, M. Farkas Fowler.  Welcome aboard.

181 (edited by j p lundstrom 2019-07-05 14:32:07)

M. Farkas Fowler wrote:

Hello, All

Welcome to the site. It was a pleasure to read and review your poem.  JP

Farkas Fowler, welcome to the site!

I just wanted to stop in and say Hello! 

I am starting my rough draft of a science fiction story called Strangelove Octopus, and am hoping that jumping into this project I will find what I need to become the writer that I want to be, to be able to tell my story.

I have been working on a comic book adaptation of my story and I have been doing all the writing and artwork for the project.  My writing experience has been a rough draft of a story here or there, and basic rough outlines for comic book projects that I have worked on over the years.  I have never had much confidence in my writing, and it has mostly been rough sketches of written sequences over rough panels to outline my comic projects.  Most of this writing is for my own benefit, and would never be published or ever see the light of day.

I want to change this, and hopefully find here in this community, what I need as I jump feet first into this writing project, a style, and a voice, as well as improve on my  grammar, and writing skills.  I want to tell my story of Strangelove Octopus!!

Welcome to the site, haxxodus. You'll find a lot of helpful people here and a good lauchpad for first flights.

Hello everyone! I just joined in.

Orchid wrote:

Hello everyone! I just joined in.

Welcome!  TNBW is a great place to be, with plenty of helpful writers. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard. I can only echo Randall's statement.

Happy new year everyone!

I found a great description of this site as "In this community, you’ll find writers who offer professional, no-fluff feedback. There’s not a lot of random activity here, but rather a more somber discourse on writing." I thought - count me in!

I am just finishing up the story arc/plot skeleton of a historical novel that describes my family's experience in Soviet Russia. Doing a lot of research, interviews, memoir collection at this stage. Will be posting them as snippets for feedback. I am writing in Russian to capture time & place better, and translating as I go, with intent to publish the book in English.

Looking over forums to see which are most suitable for technical writing discussions. Let me know if you have a favorite!

Birdie

Birdie Quack wrote:

Happy new year everyone!

I found a great description of this site as "In this community, you’ll find writers who offer professional, no-fluff feedback. There’s not a lot of random activity here, but rather a more somber discourse on writing." I thought - count me in!

I am just finishing up the story arc/plot skeleton of a historical novel that describes my family's experience in Soviet Russia. Doing a lot of research, interviews, memoir collection at this stage. Will be posting them as snippets for feedback. I am writing in Russian to capture time & place better, and translating as I go, with intent to publish the book in English.

Looking over forums to see which are most suitable for technical writing discussions. Let me know if you have a favorite!

Birdie

Welcome aboard! Plenty of helpful people on TNBW!

Welcome aboard, Birdie.

Hi Birdie. Welcome to the site. I look forward to reading your work.

Bobbie

I just wanted to say hi. I am completely new to all of this. I have always felt too overwhelmed by online writing communities and forums to join, but The Next Big Writer looks great and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. I've just posted my writing for the first time and now I'm going to have a read of some of the great stories on here.

S. Mahfoudh wrote:

I just wanted to say hi. I am completely new to all of this. I have always felt too overwhelmed by online writing communities and forums to join, but The Next Big Writer looks great and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. I've just posted my writing for the first time and now I'm going to have a read of some of the great stories on here.

Welcome aboard! TNBW is definitely a great place to be!

Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I’m new to the website and still didn’t get used to how it works yet. However, it looks great! I’m happy to be part of this group. I just posted my first essay and looking forward to hear from you guys!

Thanks,
Ebtesam

Hi Phil