Re: Welcome

Thank you so much, Rachel!!:)

Re: Welcome

C J Driftwood wrote:

Welcome to the website, George.
You'll find plenty of helpful people here.

Thank You, C.J, I look forward to it!!:)

Re: Welcome

Welcome aboard, George!  Plenty of folks to lend a hand.

You might want to move your initial posting so people can earn points, which are needed to post new work.

Re: Welcome

Randall Krzak wrote:

Welcome aboard, George!  Plenty of folks to lend a hand.

You might want to move your initial posting so people can earn points, which are needed to post new work.

Thank you, Randall!!:) How do I move my post? Sorry, I'm a complete newb?

Re: Welcome

inksplatter wrote:
Randall Krzak wrote:

Welcome aboard, George!  Plenty of folks to lend a hand.

You might want to move your initial posting so people can earn points, which are needed to post new work.

Thank you, Randall!!:) How do I move my post? Sorry, I'm a complete newb?

Go to your Publishing settings and select the "Premium" which has the stack of coins next to it.

Re: Welcome

C J Driftwood wrote:
inksplatter wrote:
Randall Krzak wrote:

Welcome aboard, George!  Plenty of folks to lend a hand.

You might want to move your initial posting so people can earn points, which are needed to post new work.

Thank you, Randall!!:) How do I move my post? Sorry, I'm a complete newb?

Go to your Publishing settings and select the "Premium" which has the stack of coins next to it.


Cool, thank you, C.J, you're the man!!:)

Re: Welcome

Welcome to the site, George. Good to have you with us. I've been here since 2008 and haven't regretted a minute of it. There are many excellent authors and poets here who can provide a wealth of information and assistance. I've workshopped five novels here that have been published. The help and input I received from fellow authors here has been invaluable.

Wishing you the very best with your writing. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Re: Welcome

C J Driftwood wrote:
inksplatter wrote:
Randall Krzak wrote:

Welcome aboard, George!  Plenty of folks to lend a hand.

You might want to move your initial posting so people can earn points, which are needed to post new work.

Thank you, Randall!!:) How do I move my post? Sorry, I'm a complete newb?

Go to your Publishing settings and select the "Premium" which has the stack of coins next to it.

Many thanks, CJ!  I got tied up and didn't get a chance to send this along to Inksplatter.:)

Re: Welcome

Hi! Just checking out the site. Looking for a reason to stick around, would love to know what folks like about it.
I'm an aspiring essayist who needs to engage with other writers.

Re: Welcome

Welcome to the site, SwingLifeAway. The best part of the site is the ability to get reviews from a diverse group of authors of all skill levels. Naturally, this requires giving reviews in return. That's what makes the site tick. In addition to learning from how others write, giving reviews is how you earn points in order to post your own work. One downside of essay writing on this site is that new essays don't appear on the home screen of all members as happens for the default works: books, short stories, and poems. People have to click an extra button to see them so it may be difficult to get noticed. My suggestion (which may get me in trouble) would be to publish them as short stories and select whatever genre best suits your work. You can put the word Essay in the title to further clarify what it is you're posting. Hope that helps.

Re: Welcome

Welcome, kl. There are a lot of very competent writers on the site who will gladly help you improve your writing. The site works largely based on reciprocal reviews. If you want to have your work reviewed, you simply do the same for others and most will respond in kind if your story matches their interests. Also, reviewing earns you points with which to post more of your writing. The site's regular reviews are great for high-level feedback, and the inline reviews are excellent for detailed feedback about individual paragraphs, sentences, words, and punctuation. Although I don't write about werewolves and vampires, my story is a Catholic tale of the end times, so there are a few demonic beings lurking about. Check out my book's content summary to see if it might interest you.

See you around the site.
Dirk

Re: Welcome

I love this site smile
Though I'm new here

Re: Welcome

I love this site smile
Though I'm new here

239 (edited by k.l.warzala 2021-02-21 02:50:09)

Re: Welcome

Hi! I'm a newbie here and I'm so happy!
This is the kind of site I've been searching for. All the sites I used to belong to were mostly for 13 year olds. It was hard to find something geared to "big people".  I've already learned a lot from many of the writers on here. I'm an old school writer and the things that applied when I first started writing (100 years ago) don't seem to apply anymore. It's hard to break the habit, but the great writers on here have a lot of patience. I'm very grateful for all the help.  KL

Re: Welcome

k.l.warzala wrote:

Hi! I'm a newbie here and I'm so happy!
This is the kind of site I've been searching for. All the sites I used to belong to were mostly for 13 year olds. It was hard to find something geared to "big people".  I've already learned a lot from many of the writers on here. I'm an old school writer and the things that applied when I first started writing (100 years ago) don't seem to apply anymore. It's hard to break the habit, but the great writers on here have a lot of patience. I'm very grateful for all the help.  KL

Welcome aboard, KL!  I see you have a couple of WIPs posted. Which one would you like reviewed first? Regards, Randall

Re: Welcome

Hi everyone!

Just joined this sight after looking for some Writing Circles to join. Glad to be here, and I've already met some great people smile. Looking forward to meeting more writers! I'm currently working on a High Fantasy series, the first installment of a trilogy named 'The Embers of the Past'. I've shared the first scene here already.

All criticisms and comments welcome smile!

Hope to see more of you guys around the site!

Re: Welcome

Welcome, Myen'Tal.

Re: Welcome

C J Driftwood wrote:

Welcome, Myen'Tal.

Thanks, C J, you can call me John too. I wonder if I should have put my actual name in my profile, haha tongue.

Re: Welcome

Randall Krzak wrote:
k.l.warzala wrote:

Hi! I'm a newbie here and I'm so happy!
This is the kind of site I've been searching for. All the sites I used to belong to were mostly for 13 year olds. It was hard to find something geared to "big people".  I've already learned a lot from many of the writers on here. I'm an old school writer and the things that applied when I first started writing (100 years ago) don't seem to apply anymore. It's hard to break the habit, but the great writers on here have a lot of patience. I'm very grateful for all the help.  KL

Welcome aboard, KL!  I see you have a couple of WIPs posted. Which one would you like reviewed first? Regards, Randall

Thank you Randall! You can pick anyone you want, I'm not particular, just don't break my heart too much!  KL

Re: Welcome

k.l.warzala wrote:
Randall Krzak wrote:
k.l.warzala wrote:

Hi! I'm a newbie here and I'm so happy!
This is the kind of site I've been searching for. All the sites I used to belong to were mostly for 13 year olds. It was hard to find something geared to "big people".  I've already learned a lot from many of the writers on here. I'm an old school writer and the things that applied when I first started writing (100 years ago) don't seem to apply anymore. It's hard to break the habit, but the great writers on here have a lot of patience. I'm very grateful for all the help.  KL

Welcome aboard, KL!  I see you have a couple of WIPs posted. Which one would you like reviewed first? Regards, Randall

Thank you Randall! You can pick anyone you want, I'm not particular, just don't break my heart too much!  KL

LOL! I'll get started soon.:)

Re: Welcome

Hello, I've just signed up for the site a few days ago after looking at a few different options and it looks great to me! I'm mid writing something myself. I have many abandoned projects so this time decided to write all the way through to the end and then go back and edit and see if that makes a difference. So I'm at 50,000 words now but I'm aware there is a lot of work to do with everything written so far. Anyway. Just introducing myself.

Re: Welcome

Welcome to TNBW, JM.

Re: Welcome

Hey all,
Quent Aron is a pen named used by myself and my cowriter. Together we are writing an action adventure series. We used to be very active on yahoo writing message boards, but have sense lost our writing community. We are hoping to find a new community of up and coming authors. We tend to veer on the gritty side of writing, attaining a balance between humor and dark character exploration. I posted the first chapter to Troubled Waters. We are looking to clean things up and polish it before beginning to query agents. Troubled waters is in it's final stages, we have a second book, The Devil in Sirocco, that is largely written. We are currently in the organizing and finishing up a final first draft before we go back for edits. Our major struggle is filler words and passive voice. I do think we are doing a pretty good job of getting that under control, but it's taken a lot of effort and learning to get a grasp on what that is to begin with.

I look forward to hearing from everyone and the opportunity to join this community!

Quent (of the Quent Aron duo).

Re: Welcome

Hi everyone,

I'm new and excited to be here. I am writing a non-fiction book called the High Performing Mind. It's purpose is to take the reader through a series of steps to learn the tools and gain insight into what it takes to achieve more optimal results in their lives. I have been a High Performance Coach for over 20+ years and coached people in sport and business and have drawn from that experience to put together the material. I have completed about 45 000 words and have about 4 chapters to finalize to be done. I enjoy writing and feel I have taken what I've completed as far as I can by myself and look forward to hearing feedback from others to see how I can improve and make each chapter better.

Andrew

Re: Welcome

Anthem wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new and excited to be here. I am writing a non-fiction book called the High Performing Mind. It's purpose is to take the reader through a series of steps to learn the tools and gain insight into what it takes to achieve more optimal results in their lives. I have been a High Performance Coach for over 20+ years and coached people in sport and business and have drawn from that experience to put together the material. I have completed about 45 000 words and have about 4 chapters to finalize to be done. I enjoy writing and feel I have taken what I've completed as far as I can by myself and look forward to hearing feedback from others to see how I can improve and make each chapter better.

Andrew

Welcome aboard, Andrew!