Dog couch
851 2016-08-26 12:15:06
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
852 2016-08-24 12:23:39
Re: Strongest Start (18 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
In their defense, it gets pretty hectic out there sometimes.
Not sure that's a very good defense:
Caller ID, Judge #1: "Hello, Sol, sorry I'm running late. I'm taking a whiz, the only time I could squeeze in because of the hectic schedule I find myself in; but I will finish judging the finalists and give my vote within the next ___ days. Thanks so much for understanding and give my apologies to all the contestants. Gotta run, talk to you soon."
Caller ID, Judge #2: "Hello, Sol, I'm sitting on the can, the only time ... (ditto above conversation)
Disregard any bodily functions associated with #1 and #2 comments above; it happens. Take care. Vern
853 2016-08-24 12:03:00
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
guacamole
854 2016-08-23 12:01:07
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
More porridge please
855 2016-08-22 02:02:36
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Vaginary
856 2016-08-21 14:56:32
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Trump? Oh shit!
857 2016-08-21 03:36:37
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Bullshit Propulsion
LOL! Where do you find these things? Take care. Vern
858 2016-08-21 03:22:52
Re: I'm back. (5 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Basic)
Welcome back. A lot of things were different back in the day...some changes better, some not so much. You'll adapt quickly with trial and error and well asked questions in the forums. Take care. Vern
Edited for PS:
First question = Premium or Basic group forum?
First answer = Premium for better participation and appeal.
859 2016-08-21 03:16:16
Re: Not Authorized (13 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hmm... If the author doesn't want me to read it, I don't give a crap about what group he/she actually posted the "Not Authorized" material. But that's just me. Take care. Vern
860 2016-08-19 13:59:19
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
AC Propulsion
861 2016-08-19 02:05:46
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Volts Wagon
862 2016-08-17 14:55:18
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
What the other person gets.
863 2016-08-17 14:50:30
Re: Strongest Start (18 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Good to see I didn't miss the winner after being gone for three weeks. Okay, you can post it now. Take care. Vern
864 2016-08-17 13:20:20
Re: New Contest? (10 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Why not just write something (short story, poem, essay, novel chapter, whatever) for that all/multi inclusive "other" category and let the best words win? Take care. Vern
865 2016-08-17 04:02:35
Re: What Happened To Hamler (46 replies, posted in HodgePodge)
Unfortunately, I didn't get in much golf and no karaoke. My wife and my best friend's wife were in a BAD accident on their way to celebrate a friend's 90th birthday so had to leave Williamsburg, Va. on our third day and drive to Jacksonville, Florida and just got home tonight -- accident was on the third; wife being transferred to rehab up here tomorrow/today. They both have broken backs and other broken bones and severe bruising, but they will be okay after a long recovery. Damn kid with no license going the opposite direction on the interstate crossed the median and flew (literally) onto the hood of my wife's car. LUCKY they are both still alive. Received great care in trauma center so very thankful. Not that you missed my singing, lol, but that's where I've been. Take care. Vern
866 2016-08-17 03:41:00
Re: I need a cartoon name (8 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Just call him Porcupine and they'll get the point. Take care. Vern
867 2016-07-31 04:38:13
Re: What Happened To Hamler (46 replies, posted in HodgePodge)
Yep to the toilet seat tales for the most part except for when my wife wants to conserve water by not flushing every time; then I put the lid down, lol.
No, No, No! Why should or would you change the story just because you were a bit prescient. Seems to me it would only make it more valuable to any would-be agent/publisher if you have a ready to go novel to fit the publicity. Anyway, reality has a way to mimic fiction; it needs to change, not your story.
I'm leaving in the morning for a week of golfing and karaoke -- not at the same time -- in Williamsburg, Va. Hope you get that writing bug to the picnic table. Good to hear your voice. Take care. Vern
868 2016-07-31 04:17:01
Re: From the Old Site: Do a Story in Five Words (21 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Okay, since you're going with the old site, I'll rerun one from that site which got quite a few reviews with many different interpretations. Of course, since it was only three words, I'll have to add two more:
*** Jesus married dead. The end. ***
Take care. Vern
869 2016-07-30 12:08:39
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
free-smart
870 2016-07-27 22:50:04
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Don't hold your breath
871 2016-07-26 22:53:02
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
tickle my holey
872 2016-07-25 23:00:36
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
biscuit train
873 2016-07-25 13:01:56
Re: A Different Kind of Feedback (16 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Sometimes people are just funny regardless of so-called education, money, or power. Enjoy (or not at your discretion) the below link. Take care. Vern
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_3xvXy9eVM
PS: Edited to add second link for a different fan base to enjoy. Choose your humor.
874 2016-07-23 22:35:10
Re: A minor interface glitch ... how many even noticed? (25 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Okay, I'll jump into this one. Why is it okay for women to wear men's clothes, but not so much when men try to wear women's clothes?
Don't know; ask someone from Scotland. Take care. Vern
875 2016-07-22 23:08:26
Re: A minor interface glitch ... how many even noticed? (25 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Concerning the original subject of "1 in-line comments" I would say if one is looking to see how many comments have been left after only one, then proper grammar of such is really not worth addressing. Take care. Vern
