Re: Welcome

Blessing Okebugwu wrote:

Hello, good morning please I need to get my book published for an ongoing competition, please I need your help to read my book Smashed by the axe

Hi, Blessing (love that name!)
I'd love to help you with your book, but you'll need to post your first chapter.  May I suggest you join the Premium Group for the most exposure because it's the largest group on the site. 

Then when you get the first chapter ready for posting, on the publish page check for the groups you want to post it to.  Check the Premium Group and any other group you'd like to join, and we'll review it for you.  You gain points for posting by reviewing other writers' work. 

Good luck!
MJ

Blessing Okebugwu wrote:

Hello, good morning please I need to get my book published for an ongoing competition, please I need your help to read my book Smashed by the axe

Hi, Blessing,  welcome to the site!

My recommendation is that you start reviewing other writer's work. In that way,they will reciprocate.

Start in chapter 1 of any story you review for many writers in this site don't appreciate reviewers jumping in the middle of a story. It makes sense because reviewers jumping in the middle of a story lack a lot of information about the plot and the characters' development, important for providing value-adding comments.

Kiss,

Gacela

Hi, I'm new here and also new to writing. I just finished my first novel and is struggling to edit it. I've received mixed reviews from friends and beta readers. It seriously needs work. So last year I started posting short stories on wattpad and someone directed me here for help and improving.

Helena Seryma wrote:

Hi, I'm new here and also new to writing. I just finished my first novel and is struggling to edit it. I've received mixed reviews from friends and beta readers. It seriously needs work. So last year I started posting short stories on wattpad and someone directed me here for help and improving.

Welcome to the site, Helena.  Hope you find the help you're looking for.  We have many talented writers and reviewers here.

Good luck!
MJ

Welcome Blessing and Helena.  I will happily read and review anything you guys have on the site.  Rhia

Thanks, I've posted one of my stories that has a problem in the intro and really need fixing.

Helena Seryma wrote:

Thanks, I've posted one of my stories that has a problem in the intro and really need fixing.

You'll need to post it to premium for maximum viewership

Helena Seryma wrote:

Hi, Helena,
I'd love to review your story, but I'm not a member of the groups you've posted in.  We are limited in the number of groups we can join.  You've posted in New Novelists, NEWBIES, Anime & Kpop, Christina's Group of Music. By not being a member of any of those, I can't see your work.

The largest group on here is Premium group.  Would it be possible for you to re-post your work in that group?  It's a simple fix.  Just join Premium if you haven't already, go to your name at the top right, click Portfolio.  You will see a list of your titles.  Click to the side for Edit, then go to the publish setup.  Click Premium.  Then save it. 

You'll get more help there.  Just food for thought!

Cheers,
MJ

Thanks to your advice I was able to post it to this group. It's called Spell programmer

160 (edited by j p lundstrom 2018-11-08 18:03:19)

Helena--
Just read your short story. Great start!  JP

161 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2018-11-08 17:55:30)

Helena:

I finished my review of your short story and came away with the same impressions as JP did. It's a good story, and with some editing, can be a great prologue.

Bill

Nkechiyerem Emenike wrote:

Hello, good to be here! I am Kech.  Is TheNextBigWriter still active?  I see only three books on home page.

Kech--Have you resolved the problem? You should be able to see everything that's posted, The most recent postings appear at the top of the list, and you can scroll down for more. JP

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the 7 day membership to see whether this site is for me - I've written a novel I'd love to get published, but I think I'm unable to get it any better myself. I've posted it online, and I'm going to be busy over the next couple of days (in some ways this was terrible timing, but I'm also working to a deadline!) but I can't wait to get editing other peoples' work. I'm really hoping the feedback I receive will convince me to join officially, but I'm also skint so that's why I haven't committed yet.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everybody! My name is Jan and yes I am new. I'm actually new at attempting to write short stories. I took one creative writing class at college and loved it. I look forward to reading, interacting, and learning on this site. My one short story I submitted is called The Gamble. I'm not really sure if that should be the right title, but I suppose I can always change it. I have a feeling I'll be reading a lot of great stories here too.

G'day all, I'm Justin.

I'm 27 this coming August and I've recently gotten two books published on Amazon and a third on its way soon. I'm new to this site, and extremely shy in new things. However, I love to write, and I dont mind talking to others given time. I try to experiment with different genres, so I started with fantasy and am currently working on a sci fi story at the moment which is the next story i hope to publish.

If you would like to check out the fully published stories I've done please do on Amazon, as I have no money to market it and no sales for either books for some time.

Hope you all have a fantastic day,

regards, Justin Hunt.

p.s i am extremely nervous and unsure what to do on this site so if anyone could maybe help me out that'd be great.

Hello, Justin. Welcome to TNBW. We have a great group of writers here.

I'm intrigued by your location. One of my favorite authors, W. E. B. Griffin, placed the action in one of his WW2 novels in Australia. A character in the book had family in Wagga Wagga. Cool coincidence.

Bill

167 (edited by David_Tice 2019-03-11 15:21:23)

Greetings everyone, I got tired of being told that no one reads books anymore and decided to prove the naysayers wrong. My travels lead me here...

Welcome, David.  Plenty of people hear to help you prove the naysayers wrong! Regards, Randall

Hi Everyone!
I was a member of TNBW years ago, back on the old site. Recently, I've decided to come back and it's bittersweet to see it so different but glad there are so many fabulous changes! I can't wait to meet everyone and read some great work.

I just posted a chapter and will try to post more regularly.

Happy Reading & Reviewing!

Welcome back!

Hi everyone.

I have been looking for a reputable, legitimate peer review site where I can help others with their writing and get much needed input from fellow writers on my work. I am working on a novel that I've been floating around in my mind for about 30 years. Now that I'm retired from "regular employment," I have been building my chops as a freelance writer (gotta pay the bills!) That has reignited my passion for writing; thus, a novel in the works.

I have posted the first chapter of my novel "Lady Silver: Warlock Chronicles, Book I" and will be posting the remainder when I can (gotta get those points!) I look forward to seeing your thoughts on it!

Welcome to the site, Bobbie! I'm sure you will like it here.

Rachel Parsons wrote:

Welcome to the site, Bobbie! I'm sure you will like it here.

Thanks, Rachel.

So far, I'm having a blast! And I don't think I've messed up too many times trying to figure it all out! smile

Bobbie.R.Byrd wrote:

Hi everyone.

I have been looking for a reputable, legitimate peer review site where I can help others with their writing and get much needed input from fellow writers on my work. I am working on a novel that I've been floating around in my mind for about 30 years. Now that I'm retired from "regular employment," I have been building my chops as a freelance writer (gotta pay the bills!) That has reignited my passion for writing; thus, a novel in the works.

I have posted the first chapter of my novel "Lady Silver: Warlock Chronicles, Book I" and will be posting the remainder when I can (gotta get those points!) I look forward to seeing your thoughts on it!

Welcome aboard, Bobbie!  TNBW is a great place to be!

Randall Krzak wrote:
Bobbie.R.Byrd wrote:

Hi everyone.

Welcome aboard, Bobbie!  TNBW is a great place to be!

Thanks for the welcome, Randal. Much appreciated  smile

Maybe you can tell me? Where do I look to get help on formatting when I submit a chapter? I read the "help with formatting" section, which didn't help at all. Me and the formatting in this system are getting ready to go a round! LOL