201

(3 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

I think if the current situation fits well with whatever story you're working on, then use it. Although overall crime might be down, there's a large increase in the number of fraud cases linked to the pandemic, with people stockpiling needed supplies and selling them for a whopping profit or trying to sell 'miracle' cures.  Here's a couple of links to articles about what's happening in Italy regarding their crime groups:

https://www.occrp.org/en/37-ccblog/ccbl … ime-groups
https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/the-mafia … -lockdown/

Dirk:  Here's one regarding the Holy Land. Might be of limited use, but something to check out:
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news … ping-29759

Good luck with LADY SILVER, Bobbie!

Many congrats to Catherine, Dagny, and Bobbie!  Well done!!!!

204

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

C J Driftwood wrote:

This is to Randy,
About your trailer. I didn't want to post in the main group, because I think I can be more brutally honest here. You asked for unvarnished opinions. Here's mine, for what it is worth. The trailer had a lot of white type on black background telling us what is in the book (too much of what the book is about). There was no action, it was more of a slide show with unrelated images dispersed between shots of type. There is no mystery. Nothing that piques interest. Basically the trailer asks the watcher to come with your characters on their journey- after telling the watcher everything about the journey. Your book is better than this. It's full of action and intensity. None of that showed up on the trailer.
Sorry, I was hoping to like it- I'm planning on doing a trailer for my book series- though I'm doing it myself.
FYI-Adobe has film-clips you can purchase at reasonable rates. They probably have clips of explosions and war footage– something to think about.

Hi CJ,

Many thanks for your honesty. I won the trailer in a Christmas raffle and just got around to using it. I agree with your assessment I wasn't impressed with what they came up with either. They ignored the photos I provided (at their request). I won't be spending my money with this company.

Regards,

205

(18 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hope you're back on the mend, Ray!

206

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Glad it's worked out, Bill!

207

(10 replies, posted in Close friends)

My vote is for number 2.

Completed an inline review of Alemi's The Road to Environmental Armageddon, chapter 5.

209

(264 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Welcome to all the new members. TNBW is a great place to be and there'll be plenty of talented folks willing to lend a hand.

I learned to put two spaces after the end of a sentence when I first took typing on a manual typewriter in 1971. Eventually, I've stopped doing this.

211

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Happy Easter, Passover, etc!

212

(9 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Way to go, Rachel! Many congrats!

Randall

213

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks everyone!

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to tell you that my book has been nominated for the "Cover of the Month" contest on AllAuthor.com. If you have time, please vote for my book. Many thanks and stay safe!
Regards, Randall

https://allauthor.com/cover-of-the-month/7485/

Many thanks, Bill. Not sure if it works for a book, but as Vern mentioned, it'd be great to introduce a movie!

vern wrote:

Hello, RK, looks and sounds pretty impressive. Actually, made me want to see the movie, lol. Good luck. Take care. Vern

LOL!! Many thanks, Vern!

Hello everyone and hope you're staying safe.

I recently had a book trailer made for The Kurdish Connection:

https://youtu.be/rmGvvHi9bmg

Would greatly appreciate your feedback. Depending upon comments, I'll use the same company to do trailers for my other novels.

Thanks and regards, Randall

218

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hope you continue to recover, Ray!

219

(2 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Good luck, Max!  I don't have any advice on agents/agencies but there is a good website for find publishing houses accepting unsolicited manuscripts. Here's the link: https://www.authorspublish.com/.

Regards, Randall

220

(3 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many congrats, Rachel!  Good luck!

I haven't been able to keep up with your chapters, but I'm waiting for the next one for The Ghost Hunter!

221

(264 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

KC Marks wrote:

Greetings! I just joined, and I'm hoping this website is what I have been craving. That is, to meet people who writing, and who are looking to meet people who are writing, for mutual writing growth. I'm hoping to find folks who are motivated to critique my work because they are in the same boat, not just folks from my work at whom I've shoved a manuscript. And I want to critique your work too, if we're writing similar things. I don't judge anyone, but I don't write fairy-on-pegasus erotica—please don't be offended if you do and I don't critique it. I'm in my trial period now, but I'm hopeful that this week proves to be worth paying for the premium membership. Say hi to me! Drop me a tip on how I'm using this website wrong! I am still figuring it out, but if you're reading this, I'd love to exchange pleasantries, and maybe, if we're on the same wavelength, a chapter or two of whatever's simmering on the front-burner.

Welcome,  KC! TNBW is a great place to be!  Regards, Randall

Completed an inline review of Jube's The World of Phyries, chapter 37.

Completed an inline review of CJ's Raven's Curse, chapter 33.

224

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, MJ.  No, only one vote per customer.:)

225

(5 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, MJ!  Couldn't do it without the support of the TNBW family!