251

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

Jube wrote:

Understood, Suin, and I hope all goes well for you.

When this review group was formed, I intentionally wanted to get a range of different genre writers so that each of us could get a look at how other kinds of novels are constructed story-wise. You fulfilled the romance genre very well, and your novel is a great read with an interesting plot. Everyone knows, or should know, that romance novels take the lion's share of readership among all genres, so there's only good things to learning about how such stories are written.

Well said, Jube!

252

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

Suin wrote:

Hi guys,
I've decided to take a break from this site for the next few months as I just don't have the space for it in my life right now. I'll be sorry to miss out on finishing all of your books and receiving your reviews. I still have two weeks left of my current membership so if you feel like I owe you reviews, please let me know so I can complete them before my account expires.
Thanks,
Siun

Good luck with whatever you having going on.  Regards, Randall

253

(8 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

And the same from rainy Scotland. Since there's only the two of us, we'll combine Thanksgiving with Xmas when our son comes over for two weeks during the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

254

(12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many congrats, Jack! Just downloaded a copy.:)

255

(5 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Just checked Ray and was able to click on chapter 2 and see chapter 1 as well.

256

(10 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hope you feel better soon!

257

(264 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Orchid wrote:

Hello everyone! I just joined in.

Welcome!  TNBW is a great place to be, with plenty of helpful writers. Enjoy!

258

(38 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Understand what both Ray and Bill are saying. I still have several loyal reviewers and occasionally a new one will pop in for a chapter or so.  I'm a bit behind on my reciprocal reviews but will be getting back to them hot and heavy as soon as I wrap up the last two chapters of A Cartel's Revenge. They're almost ready for posting, so I'll be back reviewing in a day or so.  Regards, Randall

259

(5 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Welcome back, Linda!

Completed an inline review of CJ's Final Conflict, chapter 2 (v.2).

Completed an inline review of Matthew's Humanity's Abyss:The Girl Who Lost the Earth, Book 2, chapter 1B.

I write first thing in the morning or late at night. All depends on access to the computer and what we're doing on a given day.  When on our desktop, I'm in our office. If I use my laptop, I'm at the dining table (or sometimes at the kitchen island). No matter where I'm at, I have to have coffee--the brand doesn't matter.:)

What we use for an office would have been a bedroom but the original owners set it up like an office. Since the furniture was built-in, they left it. Otherwise, would just use our oak desk.

263

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

I'll leave it up long enough for you to finish.:) Still at least fourteen chapters to go.

264

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Will keep moving forward with my reading.:)

265

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Welcome back, Bill!

266

(13 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, Don & Gacela!

267

(13 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks Jack, Christine and S.L.!

268

(13 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

The paperback was just released across the Amazon network.

269

(13 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, CJ, Rachel, Marilyn and John!

Today Solstice Publishing released my third novel, Carnage in Singapore. The Kindle version is now available across the Amazon network, and the paperback will be available shortly.

Many thanks to all TNBWers involved in making this possible.

271

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

Many thanks for letting us know. I wondered what happened to her.

272

(3 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

No worries, Bobbie. It happens to all of us sooner or later.:)

273

(1 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, Jack. I'll get cracking at the chapters I haven't read.:)

Dirk B. wrote:

I'm wondering what people do when it comes to writing numbers in a story? I typically spell out numbers <= 100, but also write numbers like one thousand as words rather than 1,000. I eventually settled on a rule that if I could write it out in three words or less, then I would do so. As a result, numbers like 500, 10,000, 1,000,000, etc. all get written out. I tend to include 'and' when writing numbers, so 350 would be three hundred and fifty, which is four words, so I wouldn't write it out. One of my reviewers recommended I write 350 as three hundred-fifty in a line of dialogue, hence this post.

Thanks
Dirk

The Chicago Manual of Style, used by agents and publishers, recommends spelling out whole numbers in dialogue no matter the number of digits. So far, that's worked for me with my publishers.

275

(19 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Sideman wrote:

Many thanks to all who have expressed your kind thoughts. Diana is home now. She's weak and mentally ragged out but her specific health issue is much better. Again, many thanks!

Will be back to reviewing and posting this evening.

Alan

Glad to hear Diana's home. Best wishes to both of you! Regards, Randy & Sylvia