Congratulation and good luck! All the best, Randall
276 2019-07-19 12:46:16
Re: Album released/tour beginning (6 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
277 2019-07-17 19:10:59
Re: Wife Very Seriously Ill In Hospital (19 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hi Alan,
Many thanks for sharing this with us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Di at this time. Regards, Randall & Sylvia
278 2019-07-15 08:51:49
Re: New!~ (6 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Basic)
Hi everyone, my name is Reagan. I am new to this group and the site. I am in the process of finalizing my first novel - The Allure of the Forbidden. I have posted the first chapter and plan to post the other chapters after getting a few reviews. I kindly request for your reviews even as I also work on reviewing other writers' work.
Welcome to TNBW! It's a great place to be. I suggest you post your work to thenextbigwriter premium group, which pays points for reviews. You're more apt to obtain the reviews you're looking for.
279 2019-07-13 21:25:44
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed an inline review of NJC's The Sorcerer's Progress, Book 1: Children and Beasts, chapter 17.
280 2019-07-13 20:53:26
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed an inline review of Alkemi's The Souring Seas, chapter 32.
281 2019-06-20 15:20:37
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Some of the newbies reciprocate but there are several who don't even say thank you for a review. Just shows what their manners must be like. For the most part, I've stopped going into the forums--they were going off on too many tangents from what a post was originally about. Not sure about the competitions as I stopped entering them long ago as I'm just too busy.
282 2019-06-16 08:04:39
Re: Minor vs. major scene breaks - Writing Craft (3 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Agree with Vern.
283 2019-06-12 14:51:32
Re: Capitalization of Secretary of State? - Capitalization (8 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hey Dirk,
This is from the Chicago Manual of Style (used by many agents and publishers), section 8.22 civil titles: "Much of the usage below is contradicted by the official literature typically generated by political offices, where capitalization of a title in any position is the norm (see 8.20). In formal prose, however, civil titles are capitalized only when used as part of the name (except as noted)." Here's the specific one you want:
"the secretary of state; John Kerry, secretary of state; Secretary of State Kerry or Secretary Kerry". This seems to indicate you should use secretary.
Hope this helps, Regards, Randall
284 2019-06-12 06:48:31
Re: Closure now in audiobook! (6 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many congrats, Seabrass!
285 2019-06-04 17:53:18
Re: 'At the Movies' on Kindle (4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many congrats, JP!
286 2019-06-04 16:41:59
Re: Carnage in Singapore Under Contract (12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Randy--How do you do it? Super califragilisticexpialidocious! JP
LOL! Many thanks, JP!
287 2019-06-04 07:35:19
Re: Carnage in Singapore Under Contract (12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many thanks, Rachel and NJC!
288 2019-06-03 09:05:01
Re: Carnage in Singapore Under Contract (12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Time to get another pocket sewed on your pants to put you money in. Congratulations.
Memphis
LOL!
Many thanks, Memphis!
289 2019-06-03 07:15:27
Re: Carnage in Singapore Under Contract (12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many thanks, everyone!
290 2019-06-02 20:12:01
Topic: Carnage in Singapore Under Contract (12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hi everyone,
On Friday, I signed a contract with Solstice Publishing for the release of my third novel, Carnage in Singapore.
Many thanks to everyone who has reviewed my work. Your input has been invaluable. Regards, Randall
291 2019-05-28 20:05:48
Re: Dayton Tornado (15 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Glad you're okay, Bill!
292 2019-05-24 09:00:56
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed an inline review of Jube's The World of Phyries, chapter 35.
293 2019-05-24 06:54:23
Re: Welcome (264 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Welcome aboard, Jeannie! TNBW is a great place to be!
294 2019-05-16 07:45:15
Re: The Results of the 2018 CIBA Awards Are In! (24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
As a First Place Category award winner, Dangerous Alliance will also receive prizes from PublishDrive, a global distribution platform and Hindenburg Systems, which does audiobook and podcast software. As with the priority submission process opportunity with the Donald Maass Literary Agency, the details will be sent to each of the winners by June 10th.
Chanticleer stated First Place Category award winners were selected for each one of the 16 divisions from an overall field of 275 Semi-Finalist titles. To have both The Kurdish Connection and Dangerous Alliance make it as far as they did is an absolute thrill!
295 2019-05-15 20:28:55
Re: The Results of the 2018 CIBA Awards Are In! (24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Oh, wow! Have your feet touched back down on earth yet???!!! I am so stinking proud of you, Randy! What a fabulous honor with sooooo many opportunities opening up for you because of this! Please keep us informed! I am delighted and excited for you!
MJ
Many thanks MJ! I couldn't have achieved this without the tremendous support of the TNBW family!
296 2019-05-15 15:17:26
Re: The Results of the 2018 CIBA Awards Are In! (24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Randall Krzak wrote:Sideman wrote:Hi Randy ...
This is my first post on the site since December of 2018. Lots of life issues and medical issues.
Anyway, I wanted to say "Congratulations!". Your work is near-perfect for its genre. I've always enjoyed your writing. Will be back to reading more real soon ... perhaps within the week. Your success is well-earned and deserving. Wishing you continued success and enjoyment as you move forward.
Hope is all with you and your wife. Again, congratulations!!!
Alan
Hi Alan. Hope things are settling down for you. Many thanks for the congratulations, too. I found out yesterday that in addition to a Chanticleer book review of Dangerous Alliance plus their promotions, I'll have an opportunity to submit something to the Donald Maass Literary Agency. The wording was: "... priority submission process opportunity." I'm waiting for additional details which are supposed to be emailed from Chanticleer by June 10th. Definitely an exciting time! Best regards, Randy
The opportunities keep coming... Congratulations!!!
Memphis Trace
Many thanks, Memphis!
297 2019-05-15 07:53:18
Re: The Results of the 2018 CIBA Awards Are In! (24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hi Randy ...
This is my first post on the site since December of 2018. Lots of life issues and medical issues.
Anyway, I wanted to say "Congratulations!". Your work is near-perfect for its genre. I've always enjoyed your writing. Will be back to reading more real soon ... perhaps within the week. Your success is well-earned and deserving. Wishing you continued success and enjoyment as you move forward.
Hope is all with you and your wife. Again, congratulations!!!
Alan
Hi Alan. Hope things are settling down for you. Many thanks for the congratulations, too. I found out yesterday that in addition to a Chanticleer book review of Dangerous Alliance plus their promotions, I'll have an opportunity to submit something to the Donald Maass Literary Agency. The wording was: "... priority submission process opportunity." I'm waiting for additional details which are supposed to be emailed from Chanticleer by June 10th. Definitely an exciting time! Best regards, Randy
298 2019-05-13 18:13:49
Re: The Results of the 2018 CIBA Awards Are In! (24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many thanks, Mark. Hard to believe and I owe it to all of the TNBWers who reviewed my work!
299 2019-05-12 14:52:35
Re: A Word of Appreciation (8 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many congrats!
300 2019-05-11 12:48:09
Re: The Results of the 2018 CIBA Awards Are In! (24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many thanks, Jack!