Welcome to TNBW! It's a great place to be, with plenty of writers will to help out!
Regards, Randy
Welcome to TNBW! It's a great place to be, with plenty of writers will to help out!
Regards, Randy
In my current WIP, Dangerous Alliance (approximately 62K words so far), said is used as a dialogue tag a total of five times while asked appears six times. I don't use anything else in my dialogue tags but rely on action tags instead.
Let's hope next year you make it into the finals, Janet. Well done with Hats!
Completed inline reviews of CJ's 'Raven's Curse' - Chapters 26 and 27.
Congratulations, MK! Well done!
Okay, Sol. Mine is part of my website: www.randallkrzak.com/blog
Many congrats, Sheriff!
Many congrats, Cobber--well done!
Completed inline reviews of Matthew's A to O Krudges:The Girl Who Lost the Earth, Book 1, chapters 21 and 22.
Keep going, John. Look forward to reading more.
Well done, Rachel! Look forward to reading your latest postings
Thanks, Randy! I noticed a couple of typos which were my fault. Should have had it reviewed by TNBW peeps before the posting!
I'm sure we would have caught them.:)
Great interview! Happy birthday, too!
Hey Bill,
Have a great time. We'll all be here when you return.:) Regards, Randy
My turn. lol Like Sideman, I have a creative outlet that actually pays money. I am a tutor. I also have a spouse who is disabled and have a lot of domestic chores to handle. Like penang, I find it time consuming to do the reviews needed for posting, and although, not like Janet, I don't have seven novels published, I do have four that are steadily creeping toward that day, a fifth one that is still in review, and a sixth one that changes form. I have a couple of short stories which will be thrown out the window to see if they fly soon, as well. I've noticed some old timers are gone, and thanks for the update on some of them, Sideman. I still think this site is invaluable, unless you already have a connection with an agent and an editor. (I suspect that the one novel that is on a publisher's desk will be sent to a professional editor of theirs and I'll be busy with that. They resume their operations next month. So we'll see.) We are also, increasingly, those who are left, friends, and, like the people of Alexandria, are steadfast against the walking dead out there. And Randy, I find your reviews great and by reading your stuff, you broaden my literary tastes, as I usually puke when I read anything of your genre. But not when I read you.
Hi Rachel,
Glad you don't puke when you read my stuff.:) I'll be back to reading/reviewing yours, too. Regards, Randy
Even though I've only been on the site for a couple of years, I've also noticed some contacts have disappeared, at least based on their inactivity. Hopefully some will return as/when time permits.
In the meantime, I need to amp up my reviewing as I've been a bit bogged down with a myriad of external issues as well as my own writing. Janet, Sideman, Michael, Sherry ... here I come!
Many thanks! I had most things set up prior to the recommendations from my publisher, mainly because of the suggestions by people here on TNBW. They've continued to make suggestions, which have been extremely beneficial. I'm slowly increasing my contacts across the various media sites.
My Twitter account is under @rjkrzak
I have a website/blog (www.randallkrzak.com), use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I only post on my blog, called Randall's Ramblings, each Sunday. It is about my writing journey, but I also include reviews of books I've read, a section to post links (mainly on other writers), and whenever I find a good writing resource, I include that as well. I use Twitter the most, followed by FB and LinkedIn.
My publisher strongly recommended have a website/blog and using social media. Has it helped? I'd say yes, based on the continued contacts I'm making who also push out the word about my debut novel, The Kurdish Connection. In addition to social media, I'm also a member of a number of websites where I can share information about my work.
Just because someone has made some suggestions doesn't mean they don't think the writer has done a good job. I don't think it's patronizing--if I didn't think the work was good to begin with, I wouldn't read it. Of course, I'm not sure I've ripped anyone's efforts to shreds but rather, offered constructive criticism.
Enjoy yourself, Bill!
I had the same problem with some Turkish characters. They were fine in Word but when transferred to TNBW I ended up with the question marks. Fortunately, there was a workaround for me--not as good as the original, but it sufficed. I just substituted the closest English letters to what was needed. Most people probably wouldn't catch the difference unless they know the language.
Welcome, Pat!
Both great suggestions from Jack the Knife and Bill. I've found myself following similar processes and you'll sort out what works best for you.
Good luck with your WIP and enjoy meeting new friends on this site. Regards, Randy
Many congrats, Janet!
I have been able to sell books by giving free talks to local groups and libraries. I don't charge, but sign and sell at the end. Look for book fairs too.
Great ideas! I'll have to think about what kind of talk I can give based on the book.
When I've given talks at local libraries, many people have asked about my writing journey as well as my novel, so that's something to consider. Good luck!
Well said, Jube. I agree with your decision. I stopped reviewing others in the group to work my way through Cobber's chapters. I'm not impressed with how he's paid us back.