No worries from me, Stef. I went to review your next chapters and couldn't find anything. Have you pulled your work at this time? Look forward to your next posting.
476 2018-01-08 16:44:20
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
477 2018-01-06 23:12:55
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
There’s no such thing as writer’s block. That was invented by people in California who couldn’t write.
– Terry Pratchett
LOL
Never had it--I might slow down a bit but then I just jump to another work in progress.
478 2018-01-05 20:04:18
Re: The Telltale Tattoo (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Amateurs. :-) Try -40 in Calgary. I've lived through -50 with windchill.
Why did I move back here again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg
LOL ![]()
479 2018-01-05 14:26:28
Re: The Telltale Tattoo (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Randall Krzak wrote:jack the knife wrote:I'm trying to think of another story, but the cold weather has frozen my brain.
LOL! Can certainly understand that! We're supposed to drop to -3F tonight (as much as -30F with the windchill). Needless to say, brrr!
Whenever I hear people talk about weather in other parts of the country I feel like a wimp. I thought the world had frozen over just a few days ago when we dipped down to 22 in Central Texas.
It's all what you're used to.:) I was still running around with shorts on when the temperature was in the upper 40s--now I'm bundled up to protect what little sanity I have left!
480 2018-01-05 00:06:34
Re: The Telltale Tattoo (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
I'm trying to think of another story, but the cold weather has frozen my brain.
LOL! Can certainly understand that! We're supposed to drop to -3F tonight (as much as -30F with the windchill). Needless to say, brrr!
481 2018-01-04 20:33:43
Re: The Telltale Tattoo (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Great story, Jack. When's the next one going to post on TNBW?
482 2018-01-04 00:30:08
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed an inline review of NJC's 'The Sorcerer's Progress, Book Two', chapter ten.
483 2018-01-04 00:07:49
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Posted an inline review of Suin's Being Fifteen, chapter 24.
484 2018-01-03 21:58:49
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed inline review of Jube's 'The world of Phyries', revised prologue.
485 2018-01-02 22:20:57
Re: The Telltale Tattoo (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Glad to hear things are progressing for you!
I have five more chapters to go, so I'll get busy!
486 2018-01-02 00:47:59
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
LOL
Good points! I think I'll use this!
487 2018-01-01 23:14:03
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
I've lived in eight countries outside the U.S., including Scotland before, so no problem with a change of scenery. Who knows what ideas will crop up?
488 2018-01-01 17:15:55
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
I completed an inline review of alkemi's The Souring Seas, chapter 24.
489 2018-01-01 17:07:49
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed inline review of Jube's 'The world of Phyries', chapter 26.
490 2018-01-01 14:57:01
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed inline review of CJ's 'Raven's Curse' - Chapter 28.
491 2018-01-01 14:46:41
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed inline reviews of Matthew's A to O Krudges:The Girl Who Lost the Earth, Book 1, chapter 23.
492 2018-01-01 12:50:33
Re: Discussion of Jube's novel, World Of Phyries (49 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Hey Jube,
Happy New Year! Your new prologue flows very well, which sets up for chapter one. Good job!
493 2018-01-01 01:34:50
Re: New since yesterday! (10 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hi Christine,
Welcome to TNBW! It's a great place to be, with plenty of people willing to help you out.
Randy
494 2017-12-30 23:05:10
Re: Ottawa, Canada is colder than Mars! (6 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
I guess it's balmy here on Lake Huron on the east side of Michigan.:) Had about four inches of lake effect snow, with some drifting over a foot. The temperature is mild at 13F/-10C, with tonight dropping to 5F/-15C (not including the wind chill). Another 2-4 inches of snow expected by 10 a.m. Oh joy!
495 2017-12-30 18:48:11
Re: Attention NEW Members: Before You Post (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Well said, JP!
496 2017-12-30 14:10:12
Re: Attention NEW Members: Before You Post (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
I admit I don't spend much time in the groups--I'm just too busy with reviewing, writing, and editing.
I agree with posting in groups which pay points since we all need points to post our own work. Not sure why some of the new folks seem to disappear. Did their friends and family tell them what great writers they are, which might different from what reviews say? The reviews are a fantastic way to improve one's writing.
Back to editing.:)
497 2017-12-30 02:35:22
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Hey Randy, if you're moving to Scotland will you start spelling colour with a u like it should be, and metres (not meters) instead of yards, but you should still be able to buy pints of beer.
cheers
LOL
No, I'll still spell things as I do now, unless I end up with as British publisher.:)
498 2017-12-30 01:20:03
Re: Readers' poll (32 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
I just voted for all of the above. Good luck to you all.
Many thanks, Norm!
499 2017-12-29 13:07:45
Re: Readers' poll (32 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Just looked to see how TNBWers are doing:
TNBW - Currently first in the Writers' Workshop category
Jack - Currently fifth in the Authors category
Janet - Spirits' Desire is currently first in the All Other Novels category
Bill - You Only Live Twice is currently sixth in the Romance category
Me - The Kurdish Connection is currently second in the Thriller category
Many thanks to all who have voted. A long way to go as the contest doesn't finish until January 14th.
500 2017-12-29 12:49:21
Re: Readers' poll (32 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Randall Krzak wrote:Janet Taylor-Perry wrote:Hey, I just added Spirits' Desire in the Other novel category
Hi Janet, Just voted for Spirits' Desire. Good luck!
Hey, Randy, check your entry. It's listed 3 times. Makes a vote hard.
I informed them about this. Doesn't seem to be an issue as it tallies to a single one.