601

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

"To those who say every story has already been written, I'll bet the farm to a hole in a doughnut that there are about 7 billion people who haven't read the one you might rewrite." Luke Peters

Take care. Vern

602

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Thanks, MJ, and I also wish all other fathers a great weekend and special day. I've already picked out the restaurant of my choice, Arby's. And BTW, most of us fathers also know it takes a great mother to make us look good in the role of parenting. Take care. Vern

Blueberry yum yum

Yuck

Salty dog

Swiss

Nice ladder-mom

Allerednic

609

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hi, Corra, you gave it a shot, so that's all one can ask. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, I reckon. My eye still sees Shane as the best and I'm backed up (almost) by John Hamler no less. Perhaps you needed a 1950s big screen portrayal to appreciate it. Things made back then -- to include impressions, lol -- lasted longer you know. Good thing is, you're still awesome even if you don't have perfect taste in westerns. Take care. Vern

Cinderella

Bartender's delight

bare(bear) skin

skinned cat

Big Bird

One minute egg

Decapitate

Differentiate

Vaudeville

Huuuge

Creationism

Groundhog Day/Week

622

(11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

The protagonist is the main character period, not necessarily the narrator. The widely accepted greatest book ever written has narrator(s) other than the protagonist, i.e. the Bible. You could probably find a list of books longer than your arm -- or a city block if you prefer -- where the narrator is not the protagonist. If a professor told you otherwise, you might want to get your money back. Take care. Vern

Repetition

Valance

Breath