Completed a review of CJ's "Raven's Curse" Chapters 15 and 16.
801 2016-07-21 13:09:38
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
802 2016-07-21 03:41:44
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
It's a tough decision. It can be a trade-off between working on your own novel when inspiration hits and reviewing other stories. I try to balance these, but it isn't always easy. I went back to April and it seems that every month I'm averaging four reviews, sometimes spaced out, others close together. So, am I getting a review done every 20 days? Give or take a day, yes.
I'll go along with whatever the majority want, but I think our current program is working well.
803 2016-07-20 18:17:15
Re: A newbie saying hello (22 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hello Iris, and welcome to TNBW! All of the folks who responded above are very friendly and have been a great support to me since I joined a year ago. I know they'll welcome you and provide guidance. Will check out your work. Regards, Randy
804 2016-07-15 02:19:58
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Fully agree. The more time we can spend creating our stories and not fixing issues, the better. But that take times, and every review helps us along the journey to improve.
805 2016-07-14 22:08:47
Re: General Comments Section (281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Hey Jube,
The percentages above seem similar to what I spent on The Kurdish Connection, although there are some days I would have changed planning and writing to 20% each and 55% for editing.:)
Regards, Randy
806 2016-07-12 02:05:46
Re: Strongest Start 2016 Finalists (17 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Many congratulations to the finalists. Good luck to all!!
807 2016-07-05 12:59:18
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Hi Cobber,
Many thanks! Yes, I've put a lot into this book and now the journey continues. In the meantime, I've started writing two more, although I'll probably work hard on one than the other but switch whenever I have 'writer's block.'
I'll be concentrating on your chapters so you'll be seeing more reviews from me.
Thanks again, Randy
808 2016-07-03 23:54:06
Re: Say the first word that comes to mind... (1,634 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Yardim edibilirmiyim (Can I help?)
809 2016-07-03 21:39:29
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Hi Stefanie,
Many thanks! Yes, it's quite a thrill. But I couldn't have achieved this without the great folks providing reviews and help. The A-O Group will definitely be listed in my thanks-yous!
810 2016-07-03 14:00:24
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed a review of Matthew's 'Krudges: The Girl who Lost the Earth, Book 1' - CH 12 v.1 (somehow I missed this chapter earlier and did 13. Will move to 14 next.
811 2016-06-28 03:28:56
Re: I finished my book (4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Congrats, Cobber! I'll concentrate on the remaining chapters I need to read. Well done!
812 2016-06-15 03:27:26
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed a review of Cobber's "State of Vengeance', chapter 36.
813 2016-06-13 22:37:15
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Just left a review for Stefanie's 'The Day of Darkness' Chapter 15.
814 2016-06-13 21:53:57
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed a review of Suin's 'Being Fifteen', chapter 12.
815 2016-06-07 21:58:55
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Many thanks, Matthew!
It doesn't seem real, but I suppose that will change as things progress.
Regards, Randy
816 2016-06-07 15:37:08
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Many thanks, Phil. Couldn't have done it without your help.
I've returned to A Cartel's Revenge and will ask the group to review this as a replacement since I must keep my hands off The Kurdish Connection, pending change requests from the publisher. I'm also working on my outline and research for A Malicious Affiliation, which will follow the Bedlam Bravo team through a new adventure.
Thanks again for your help and will be back to reviewing the group's stories shortly.
Regards, Randy
817 2016-06-07 01:01:29
Re: Your favorite thriller writers (22 replies, posted in Thriller/Mystery/Suspense)
A great story, Jack! Not everyone something to remember like this.
818 2016-06-06 23:43:23
Re: Your favorite thriller writers (22 replies, posted in Thriller/Mystery/Suspense)
In no particular order: Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Robert Crais, Brad Thor, Dan Brown, Jack Du Brul, David L. Golemon, Michael Crichton, Vince Flynn, and and our very own, John DeBoer!
819 2016-06-06 19:54:31
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Many thanks, Suin! Now, the really hard part begins.:)
820 2016-06-06 14:57:53
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Many thanks, CJ.
Couldn't have done it without the group's help. The initial submission was a query letter and the first five pages of the novel. Their website says 90% of the submissions are rejected. It took about six weeks before they requested the full manuscript, and made the contract offer five days after receiving the manuscript. Just waiting to hear back now about what I need to do next.
Thanks again, Randy
821 2016-06-05 19:49:46
Re: I GOT PUBLISHED AND/OR AN AGENT! (22 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
The Kurdish Connection
Last night (June 4), I signed a contract with Moonshine Cove Publishing, LLC. Couldn't have done it without your help and support!
On Friday, the publisher notified me that The Kurdish Connection worked for them if I'd like them to be my publisher. I found email addresses for five authors they've published to get their opinions of the company. Three responded with glowing reports, and two have contracts underway with them for second books.
Two valued founding TNBW members checked out the company. One said to go for it and get my foot in the door while the other suggested I give it a whirl.
So, my foot's in the door!
I'll be taking The Kurdish Connection down shortly as no changes are allowed except for what the publisher wants. I'll continue to critique your work and will start writing the next book in the series, A Malicious Affiliation.
Once I get to that stage of submitting a list of people I want to thank, I would like to include the Alpha to Omega Review Group, either by the group name, or by your individual names, whichever seems to work best for everyone.
I'll put something out in the TNBW general section later in the week.
Thanks again for your fantastic support!
Regards, Randy
822 2016-06-01 22:43:20
Re: Strongest Start-Review Replies (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
I am glad you brought this up. I have been struggling with depression for almost a year and have let many reviews go unanswered. Please know if you reviewed my work, I do appreciate every one. I am so far behind I don't know if I'll ever catch up. I apologize if it caused anyone any distress.
Good luck dealing with your depression. It can be very debilitating. My wife suffers from it from time to time, caused by chronic pain. Best regards, Randy
823 2016-06-01 22:12:40
Re: Strongest Start-Review Replies (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
Hi Linda,
I agree, there are some people who don't seem to understand. I know I occasionally get behind with my reviews and send a note of apology and try to catch back up. Not sure how to fix this either. Regards, Randy
824 2016-06-01 21:24:05
Re: Strongest Start-Review Replies (11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)
At this moment, I have 8 unanswered ....and they aren't all new faces. On the flip side, I've already had a few wonderful exchanges with some new faces, so I guess it comes out in the wash. Still frustrating though...
I'm probably one of the eight as you reviewed the first chapter of A Cartel's Revenge, which I submitted for this contes. Since I reviewed every chapter of Sister Margaret last year, I didn't see a need to check it again as there are plenty of first time submissions to be reviewed and I only have so many hours in the day.
Good luck in the competition. Regards, Randy
825 2016-05-25 04:08:58
Re: Please post here regarding a completed review (671 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)
Completed a review of Cobber's "State of Vengeance', chapter 35.