376

(19 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Marilyn Johnson wrote:

Oh, I just checked mine and it's showing the same thing.  Not my work.

Same here.  While clicking on the Author's posts does bring up mine, I've never read anything from the two listed under featured by author. This will be very misleading to readers who don't realize there's a problem.

Just checked a dozen different writers and they all have the same two listings under featured by author.

377

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, Don!

378

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, JP!

379

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Dangerous Alliance received it's first review today (five stars):

"This is the first book I’ve read by this author and it won’t be the last.

Krzak masterfully weaves together four subplots all aiming toward a powerful ending. In the background, throughout the book, is a poignant and moving story of a man separated from his family. The man constantly faces a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don’t dilemma. Plenty of crisp action scenes pull you from one chapter to the next. Krzak knows how to turn a literary phrase. One of my favorites was: “Evelyn pulled the wig from her head, years draining away.”

You follow the groups of determined characters, some of whom are quite creepy, as they take care of business with some horrifying results. I will never be a spoiler, but the author pulls it all together toward the end, as if all the characters have gotten together for a meeting.

If you like an engaging read with a lot of imaginative stories tied together, this is definitely a book for you. Highly recommended."

380

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks Mark, Christine, and CJ!

381

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks, everyone!

382

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hello,

Just wanted to share the news regarding Dangerous Alliance, which was workshopped on TNBW. It has now been released by Solstice Publishing (Kindle only but the paperback will be following).

Many thanks to all who provided crits and made this novel a reality!

Amazon.com https://amzn.to/2Dop28e
Amazon.co.uk https://amzn.to/2PcXcCe
Amazon.ca https://amzn.to/2QjPWkj
Amazon.com.au https://amzn.to/2QlrpeG

Best regards, Randall smile

383

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

Many thanks for the kind comments, Jube.  That would be something, wouldn't it? 

Just did a second read-through of DA to check my proposed changes and sent it back. Everything looks good to go, so I'm just waiting on them now.:)

384

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

I'll be back shortly with my reviews of everyone's work. Dangerous Alliance is in the last part of the pre-publication phase. I received a .pdf of the final version on Monday and just sent it back to Solstice's editor-in-chief with a handful of suggested changes, primarily formatting. I'll receive it back after the changes are made to do another read through. Afterward, it'll be sent forward for publication! Getting exciting and couldn't have done it without this group!

385

(16 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many congrats, Denise!

386

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

C J Driftwood wrote:
Randall Krzak wrote:

Seems like everyone has had a busy year thus far. We just completed another international move and now live in Dunfermline, Scotland, about 15 miles north of Edinburgh.

Thanks to the group, Dangerous Alliance is now with my publisher's proofreader. It's already gone through the editing process; they're just having a new set of eyes on it before the finishing touches are done.  You might see a new chapter from me this week for Ultimate Escalation, the fourth and final novel in the Bedlam series. Once I post this chapter, I'll be heading back to Carnage in Singapore, which is about 50% completed.

When will you be ready to see house guests? I’ve been dying to visit Scotland. smile

It'll be awhile before we're ready for house guests. I have to paint the entire interior of the house, we're having new windows and a kitchen put in, etc. Should keep me going until at least Spring.:)

387

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Welcome to the site--it's a good place to be with plenty of helpful people.  I can't help you much with your request as I use Microsoft Word for my manuscripts, but someone will undoubtedly have a suggestion or two for you.

388

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

Seems like everyone has had a busy year thus far. We just completed another international move and now live in Dunfermline, Scotland, about 15 miles north of Edinburgh.

Thanks to the group, Dangerous Alliance is now with my publisher's proofreader. It's already gone through the editing process; they're just having a new set of eyes on it before the finishing touches are done.  You might see a new chapter from me this week for Ultimate Escalation, the fourth and final novel in the Bedlam series. Once I post this chapter, I'll be heading back to Carnage in Singapore, which is about 50% completed.

Many thanks for sharing, Ann!

390

(5 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many congrats, Janet!

Completed inline reviews of alkemi's The Souring Seas, chapters 30 and 31.

Completed inline review of Jube's 'The world of Phyries', chapter 33.

Completed an inline review of CJ's Raven's Curse, chapter 32.

394

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Basic)

I didn't get any the first time either, but it looks like I have three today, all from Red Mercy.

395

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

It's sad to see the small businesses disappear. It's one of the things that made America great. Now we're subjected to the whims of bigger and bigger comments.

When we sold our house in May, we didn't pay an electric bill (for 53 cents) because we were vacating in six days. In addition, their online system wouldn't accept a payment less than $1.00. They threatened to disconnect my service if I didn't pay within two weeks. When I got the final bill, I ended up giving them a dollar as it was cheaper to do that (final bill was 88 cents) rather than writing a check and adding a stamp.

The same electric company is after the owner of where I'm staying right now, pending approval of my British visa. The electric company installed a new digital meter a few days before I moved in, so the meter read 000 kilowatts used. The beginning of July, the owner received a bill for over $700 as they estimated he had used 2,714 kilowatts. The meter read eleven. The beginning of August, he received a bigger estimated bill for 3,352 kilowatts used and he owed over $1,200. The actual meter reading: sixteen kilowatts. They refuse to send someone out to check the meter because they can't get an actual reader meeting and they've done away with the people going around reading the meters. But they did send someone to disconnect the power. Another example of big business trying to intimidate consumers.

396

(3 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many thanks for sharing. Since I use Firefox, I'll have to check this out. Cheers, Randy

Completed an inline reviews of Matthew's A to O Krudges:The Girl Who Lost the Earth, Book 1, chapters 29 and 30. Appears I've finished Book 1.

398

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Many congrats, Bill!!

399

(8 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

I agree with Vern and Ann.  Since becoming a writer, I do spot things in various novels I'm reading. I think we become attuned to what we've learned and it becomes more noticeable. Can't change what's already published, so just enjoy reading.:)

400

(11 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Basic)

Way to keep going and many congrats!