Marilyn Johnson wrote:For anyone besides myself who is in the path of this monster, stay safe! I'm in the northeastern corner of Georgia, one mile from the SC state line at Anderson. We're on high alert and waiting to see which way it turns. Our governor has declared Georgia in a state of emergency. I'm on the downside of the dam at Hartwell Lake, which is a manmade lake with 1000 miles of shoreline. Here's hoping the floodgates open on time because we're scheduled for some massive rain in our area and high winds! Not really a good time to live in the forest as I do!!
Fingers and toes crossed on this one!
MJ
I was in the middle of this one yesterday from 10:00am to 5:00pm in Shenzhen/Hong Kong. Typhoon Mangkhut (Force 10 (equivalent to Hurricane Category 5)). I’ve been in the middle of over two dozen hurricanes in the last twenty-two years - never one like this ...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ty … 32ebf9186b
Oh, my gosh, Temple! What a horrible event for you. You had to be frightened out of your mind. Glad to hear you're okay and lived to tell about it. Nothing any more powerful than Mother Nature. I haven't heard any of that on our news...guess it's because they've been so busy covering Hurricane Florence here.
Did those in charge ask for mandatory evacuation, or do they leave it up to the individual to decide if they want to ride if out? Just wondering how your country handles these potentially catastrophic events.
MJ