901

(1 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Sounds good--thanks

902

(3 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

That's great, Janet!  Had a good laugh at it.  Thanks for sharing.

903

(17 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

I'm still working on revising my submission, but have to head out for the evening.  Here's where I'm at at this time:
http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/posting … our--21977

904

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

I plan to continue reviewing Ann's work as I want to know how things turn out.  As far as Stephen King goes, the bigger they are the hard they fall:

905

(17 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/posting … our--21977

This was the dialogue I submitted before the start of the class and now rewritten.
Regards, Randy

Completed a review of CJ's 'Raven's Curse' - Chapter 10.

Posted a review of Matthew's chapter 9 v.1 - CH 4A

908

(6 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Hi LA,
Many thanks for the information above and will start doing as recommended.  Look forward to bringing the first three lessons together.  Have a great weekend, too.  Regards, Randy

Completed a review of Cobber's "State of Vengeance', chapter 28.

910

(16 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Hi LA,
No questions at this time but great information above.  Thanks, Randy

911

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

All the best Ann, for a speedy recovery.  Best regards, Randy

912

(10 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Had time to finish my sample scene: http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/posting … lake-21939

913

(10 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Posted the exercises for lesson three: http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/posting … work-21938
My sample scene will be posted tomorrow.

914

(2 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hello Helen,
Welcome to TNBW!  I'll second Vern's comments about the site--glad you joined us.  Regards, Randy

Just left a review for Stefanie's 'The Day of Darkness' Chapter 9.

916

(16 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Hi LA,
Dialogue tags are used to help the readers (and also the author) know who is saying what.  When I first started writing my novel, I used a tag for nearly every line even when it was clear who was speaking.  I also didn't realize that it was better to put something like, he said, rather than said Johnny, if that makes sense.  Most of my tags now are likely quite boring as probably 90 percent are ..... said, although I've started adding some character movement and description in with these, such as Johnny burped, covering his wide mouth to mask his embarrassment.  The movements help to bring the characters to life and can be used to help the readers visualize the characters. Randy

917

(16 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Hi LA,
Will do. Should have it posted tomorrow.  Regards, Randy

918

(6 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Thanks for working with us. Look forward to the next lesson!

919

(281 replies, posted in Alpha to Omega - Review Group)

Hi Ann,
Hope you have a speedy recovery.  Just the writing for the master's can weigh you down (I know from experience--I have two master's). That virus sounds horrible.  Good luck and God speed!  Randy

920

(11 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Posted my dialogue scene for lesson two: http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/posting … mple-21904
It's a scene I'm working on for my novel, The Kurdish Connection.

Completed a review of alkemi's 'The Souring Seas' Chapter 5.

922

(11 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Just posted my homework for lesson two.  It's under short stories.

923

(11 replies, posted in Dynamic Dialogue)

Thanks LA!  Cheers, Randy

Completed a review of Jube's 'The World Of Phyries" chapter 8.

Completed a review for Ann on 'Aloha Spirit', Chapter 8.