Many congratulations to Jack and Janet!!!!!!
Any good finish for TNBW, too!!!!!
Many congratulations to Jack and Janet!!!!!!
Any good finish for TNBW, too!!!!!
Wish I could have voted more!
Congratulations Randy!
Thanks CJ!
More than interesting, it is valuable. If I read your publisher's web page correctly, you'll be doing publicity yourself. I think everybody here will be interested in your experience with that!
This is becoming the standard from what I've been reading. Sandra Beckwith, from Beckwith Communitcations, sent me her comments on this subject: "Even if you had a large publisher like Penguin or Random House, you'd still have to do your own marketing. Publishers tend to do a minimal amount and support the author only during launch mode -- 3 months at the most. They send review copies and try to get media interviews, but often not much more than that (if they even do that much). It's not because they don't believe in the book - it's more because they just don't have the staff."
Moonshine Cove does provide promotion/marketing recommendations (about a dozen pages of information and suggested templates) and does answer questions. If someone finds a publisher willing to edit the manuscript, provide a cover, get the book released, AND provides all of the promotion, then people should jump for joy.
I've spoken with several of their authors and they're all very happy with the company. One in particular, released his fourth and final book of a mystery series in November '16, all published by MSC. He's now signed a three-book deal with them for a new series, this time in historical fiction.
As a couple of TNBW authors told me before I signed with MSC, do you want to get your foot in the door, making it easier to move to different publishers, or hold out for something which might never happen? My foot's in the door.:)
Many thanks, Suin. I'm glad people are interested in the process. While things might vary from publisher to publisher, there'll still be a common thread. Needless to say, it's definitely a learning process.:)
Hi Jube. Will do!
Many thanks, NJC. Good idea to mention the dialog tag point in a larger forum. Will do that once we're finished editing in case they make any other reference. Semicolons--not something I would fall on my sword for. I'll save that if they want to cut something I think really belongs.
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you know my participation in Alpha to Omega will be a bit sporadic over the next 3-4 weeks.
Yesterday, I received a critique and Edit01 from my publisher regarding The Kurdish Connection. The first paragraph of the critique began with: "This critique is considerably shorter than our usual because the manuscript is in unusually good shape, as you will see when you compare our Edit 01 version to your original. There are not a lot of changes. We will specifically mention only three areas, then end with some questions and specific comments."
So what were the three areas? Too many frivolous dialogue tags. They said keep it simple, using said and asked with anything else in moderation. I had too many of the 'anything else'. The second area was semi-colons. Great for non-fiction/expository work but not used much in fiction. Since I came from writing expository stuff, not a surprise they crept in. The final area was two characters (both from Canada) using 'eh'. They want me to keep this with the first character using this and change the other one.
They made most of the changes for the first two but now I'm checking for typos, misspellings, incorrect words, repetitions, grammar slips, inconsistencies in the story or formatting or any other changes that need to be made that they might have missed. Once I send this back (due by the 18th of January), an Initial Proof (in PDF) will be prepared, which will include dedication, acknowledgements, blurbs, etc. We'll go through the same process as above. If needed, an Interim Proof might be done (or several if we keep making changes). Once we agree, the Final Proof is initiated, which also involves the printer. Once everyone is onboard, we're good to go.
I was asked to provide the first chapter of my next novel, Dangerous Alliance, which will be included at the end of the book. To my surprise, the page leading to this chapter begins with:
COMING FROM MOONSHINE COVE IN 2018
THE NEXT MIDDLE EAST THRILLER FROM RANDALL KRZAK
DANGEROUS ALLIANCE
So it appears they're interested in publishing the next one. Assuming everything goes according to their plan, The Kurdish Connection will be released around February 7th. Once it's released, I'll be back full steam on reading/reviewing everyone's work in the group. Thanks for your patience.:)
Regards, Randy
Snow, wind, rain, 33 degrees--another day in Michigan!
Completed an inline review of Jube's 'The World Of Phyries" chapter 21.
If you haven't voted yet, get connected and do so. You can only vote once per category (any additional voting in the same category overrides your earlier votes). Mine are in, are yours?
actually, the time stamps were necessary at the beginning for a part of the plot which i removed, so i can actually delete all of the time stamps.
for info, that's how we write time in Ireland/UK. It's not military, just how we do it. i hadn't realised how different US English & UK English are before joining this site, so interesting!
Yes, countries divided by a common language.:) I've run into the same issue when I wrote The Kurdish Connection as the 24-hour clock is used there as well.
Right now I'm paying the $35 per year (in my second year) and use it regularly. It works out to about $.067 a week. Of course, I probably should be using it more than I am. I agree with Jack's assessment--dealer's choice.
Many congrats, Ann! Well done!!
Thanks, Mattew. Not sure if I'm one of them but will use the A to O version.
Many congrats!!
Look forward to reading the revised story, Tom!
Is that Gungan? You missed a "M'sa".
Hey Norm, Happy New Year! My greeting was in Turkish. Regards, Randy
Tesekkur ederim Tom bey. Yeni Yildiz kutlu olsun! Happy New Year to all!
When the Reaper Comes currently tied for 1st! Need more votes to keep me there! http://critters.org/predpoll/novelthrill.shtml
If I had another email address, I'd vote again.:)
Hey, gang! Go to this site
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2 … =aAQGFd-Go
and vote for 1. John Debeor, When the Reaper comes in thrillers. You can write in Wilted Magnolias in mystery by Janet Taylor-Perry, published by Createspace and the url is
https://goo.gl/2oJOjc
And King Satin's Realm in All other Novels, by Janet Taylor-Perry. published by Createspace, and its url is http://goo.gl/wf7UbMAnd then vote for TheNextBigWriter as workshop page. You can vote once of every email you have. I got 3 votes
Just cast my votes for Janet's two novels. Good luck!
Completed a review of CJ's "Raven's Curse" Chapter 21.
Just cast my vote for TNBW and for one of my favorite thriller authors, Jack the Knife!
Will check them out and vote! Many thanks for letting us know, Jack. Good luck in the Thriller category!
Just voted!
Completed an inline review of Matthew's Humanity's Abyss:The Girl Who Lost the Earth, Book 2, chapter one.