(17 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hope you feel better soon, Alan!

(12 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Good news! Glad to hear all went well, and heres to feeling better soon!  ~  Cathy

Sol, you could delete This Is Us as well - I was one of the moderators. It didn't take off as hoped

(10 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

So sorry to hear this! Take care, Alan, and try to hang in there

(296 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hello, Louo Lou! I'm still here! Well, as much as is possible, lol. My first novel here was published as well, and I've since written another that I have high hopes for. Working on my third on site - and yes, years go by!

(3 replies, posted in Close friends)

Oh yes, surely there's a connection! When Dovey wears crimson, people unfailingly remark on her appearance - her grandmother, in fact, tells her it's cheap and flashy, (so it's got to be good.) Rose is a calmer, shade but it does look lovely with her complexion. Dovey is a vain little thing, but I like her, lol

(3 replies, posted in Close friends)

Hi K! Lol, you're right, it might help to think. I've been spending my free time playing solitaire on-line like a total weirdo. A month ago, I didn't even know how.
I think it helps not to feel things.
Okay, Reverend Pennington not only knows how to ride a horse, but is also very knowledgeable about horses, having worked the stables at Franklin Park as a teenager.
Dovey's favorite color is red, because red is the color of love, and she intends to find her prince at the first possible moment. He'll need to be handsome, intelligent, and worthy of her, of course, and that won't be easy.
I don't know why it's so hard to get back to actual writing. Probably an extended time away isn't a good thing. Working on it, lol - thanks!

(5 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hello All! A quick note to let anyone who I review know I'll likely be off for a bit. We have some overwhelming health crises going on within my family, and I find -- to my horror -- that I can't even think about reading, much less writing, anything at all right now.  I hope that comes back to me. Thanks for understanding!  ~  Cathy

(296 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Bisi!! Hello! And a huge CONGRATS on your gorgeous novel!

(13 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Oh my! Sending prayers your way - feel better soon!!

(24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Huh! My novel is there as well, and it's officially been out of print since 2018.

(6 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Thanks for sharing this, Dags. So very sad. Keeping Janet and her family in my prayers.

(17 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Oh wow! A huge congrats. Ben! So happy for you!!

(24 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

I've always written because I didn't know how not to. I don't really have a memory of not being embroiled in one story or another--safe to say, it makes me happy, and that has always felt like reason enough. (Publishing is, as they say, an different kettle of fish! Holy hell, what a nightmare! That little journey has whittled away a bit at my happiness.) But seriously, writing, for me, has always been my safe spot, my unwinding place, and so, I never felt as though I needed motivation (probably, as my hobbies go, this one has reward more in the actual doing than in the results?) And confidence is something I've picked up, piece by piece, just by getting my work out there, getting feedback, and paying attention. Every time I think I've learned all I need, something else comes along and I'll realize how much that tip, or suggestion, could improve my work. Hence TNBW! This place is the best.

(16 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Love them all, but especially the first two!

(19 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

So awesome!! Yaaaaaayyy! Congrats, Ben!

Agreed! Take care of yourself first! We'll be here!  ~  Cathy

(23 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Oh no! Just saw this! Hope you feel better soon, and don't worry about reviews

Yes, agree with CJ. The first sentence sets up Romano's pov, since he is the one hearing and second-guessing - given that, I didn't have any trouble following.

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Yes, I remember Bisi and still have her on facebook. Such an awesome writer, and a wonderful person, she so deserves to hit it big! Go Bisi!

(18 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Congratulations, Jack!  smile  smile  smile

Yay! Congratulations!

(26 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

2071 here, and I've been sluggish (?? lol, yes, sluggish!) for so long now! Flo's doing well! I have her on facebook!

(18 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Holy cow, Ray! I just haven't been on here in awhile, and came back to this! So sorry you had to go through that nightmare, but thank God you're on the mend. And you're absolutely right - masks, social distancing. Just makes sense. Keep getting better!  Cathy

(14 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

What a nightmare! Glad to hear you're getting better!