Topic: Welcome!

I have created this group because I would like to tighten bonds with certain TNBW authors. Beyond simply reviewing our stories, I think we can know each other a bit better, despite living far away. As writers, knowing each other a bit more as persons may also help to better understand the motivations and messages behind our stories. I also think that, using the Group's forum, we can hold group discussions about the story of   one of us, proving group and creating an actual community.

I created the group as a closed group in order to make sure the people participating really want to be part of it and are willing to participate, rather than joining just because.

Kiss

Gacela

Re: Welcome!

I've just opened a WIP forum to discuss the works we have in progress. If I'm missing one of your works you may want other people to discuss in a forum please feel free to add it.

Kiss,

Gacela.

Just for everybody's knowledge. As per the votes received, CJ Drifwood was accepted in the group. Please join me welcoming her to the group.

Akhere I., who is into YA/NA as Suin and I, and who briefly left the group because he was not a premium member just came back because he is now.

If we really read each other's works, I think we only have room for one extra member. More than that, and it would be impossible for everybody to read each other stories.

Everybody agrees?

Kiss,

Gacela.

Thank you Gacela for the welcoming me into the group.
I'm looking forward to reading everyone's work and offering advice/encouragement whenever needed. I'm not published (yet) but I am an avid reader, and any comments are more from that discipline.

Is there a schedule or order of how to start reviewing each other? What is the expectation. I'm currently reviewing Suin through another group and Rhiannon, just because, and now Sheriff Norm.

Does everyone have a particular story/book they are currently working on that they would like reviewed over other works in their repertoire?
Guess I'm asking, how does this work?

How do we get to comment on works not shown on group list?  Can you only fit five at atime?

Sheriff Norm wrote:

How do we get to comment on works not shown on group list?  Can you only fit five at atime?

As long as everyone tags this group as one they are publishing to, it should show up in the "group contents."

I don't know what tag means.  I just publish under all...internet...

Sheriff Norm,
Go to your "4-Publish" settings for your work. Under the "Publish Settings" there are two questions:
Choose who can see your content?
Choose which groups to publish our content to:

You may have selected Anyone can read your content, and that's fine, all those who find it can read it. But unless you "Publish" to the "Close friends" group, it won't show up under the groups content.

HEY THANKS CJ...NEVER KNEW ABOUT THIS GROUP STUFF..HERMIT I AM.

Welcome to the group CJ smile
I don't think there are any rules or timelines or anything here! We just review when we can and if we have additional thoughts, we put them in the forum so others can see what we're thinking!
I'll be over to review more chapters of yours soon enough (hopefully this weekend), but I'm struggling to find free time at the moment.

Welcome, CJ and Suin, and anyone I missed.  My modem died on Saturday, and my spouse and I have been wrecks and at each other's throats until it came today.  Yay!  So I'm behind in my reviews, and just caught up a moment ago in apply some of you all's trenchant comments.

Thanks Rhiannon - although I think I arrived at the group on the same invite as you! But welcome to us all in this close little group smile

Oh, & CJ, I think it's best to review the works that are being posted in the group. I'll continue to review you according to the schedule of the other group, but will also respond to any additional reviews you want to do from within this group. Does that work for you? If you just mention it in your review, then I'll come and review you back!

Gacela, I can't think of anyone extra now, but if I come across someone with the right writing and the right personality (because that counts too here! smile ) I'll suggest them here!

I have another writer who will both benefit from this group as well as be benefitial to the group. She writes beautifully and gives awsome feedback.
Is there a process to bringing new people in?

I think you get Gacela to let him or her in, and that's it.  The main difficulty is finding Gacela. lol

Rachel (Rhiannon) Parsons wrote:

I think you get Gacela to let him or her in, and that's it.  The main difficulty is finding Gacela. lol

Yes I know. I've sent her an email last week. Have not heard from her. Hopefully she'll check in with the group and see this post.

Hi CJ, why don't you ask Sol for admin rights so that you can add the writer to the group? Since Gacela hasn't been been around for a few months I'm sure she wouldn't mind and wouldn't want the group to become stagnant. You can always give her back the rights once she returns. I'm more than happy to see new members join this group of they have something to offer and if you're vouching for her, I'm sure she's good!

Suin wrote:

Hi CJ, why don't you ask Sol for admin rights so that you can add the writer to the group? Since Gacela hasn't been been around for a few months I'm sure she wouldn't mind and wouldn't want the group to become stagnant. You can always give her back the rights once she returns. I'm more than happy to see new members join this group of they have something to offer and if you're vouching for her, I'm sure she's good!

I'm the latest addition, not sure it's my place to ask for admin rights.
Also, I'm not sure how that is done.

CJ:  I think it's a great idea.  And not your place?  This isn't 18th century England, girl. How it's done?  You ask Sol.  He'll either say yea or nay.  Just tell him that we are, atm, leaderless and don't want our once flourishing group to languish.  An alternative would be to form another group and invite us all to come to thatl

Okay, but as soon as Gacela comes back the mantle gets throwned back to her.
I'll email Sol now.

Rhiannon, I love your no BS attitude!
It'll be great to have a fresh perspective around!

If you want to check out her work, it’s C.E. Jones. She was very active on the old site, but has been gone a while.

I look forward to the new member.  Thanks, Suin.  And we know, CJ, this is a temporary arrangement, not a coup.  I will check her out.

Okay, I'm back. Apologies for disappearing without previous notice but the end of the year was hectic and so 2018 right from day 1. I've  almost not been at home at all in Jan and Feb. I've been in NYC for the most part of January (work, don't even think I was on holidays) and in Puerto Rico the last two weeks.

Then I also entertained a brief romance that suddenly  took all my time. It's over now , and that's good news. I haven't been lucky lately. All my recent romantic affairs have turned toxic and they also move too fast for me. Call me old fashioned, but I'm not  the type of girl who ends up in bed by date 2, and it seems every bloke around me is willing to have sex on date -1. So here I am single again, waiting for the real Bertie Oxford in my life to pay attention to the real Helga, but that's unlikely, if I'm honest with myself.

So, It back where I be long.

Who's volunteering to put me up to date?

Kiss

La Gacela

Hi, Gacela,
I'm SO GLAD you are back! Sorry to hear about the romance bit. I find if you don't go looking for romance, that's when it hits- though I'm sure things are more complicated today, with everyone too busy looking on smart phones to connect. Start off as friends, first. You're adorable, so I'm sure the right guy is out there (and law of averages, there's more than a few). I've found the best men have older sisters. Someone to train them on how to be a good man. Apparently mothers don't see the faults in their little boys the way an older sister does. wink
You've already responded to my note about C.E. Jones joining us, so, other than that, the group site has been relatively quiet.

Hi, Gacela:  Glad you are back.  You being gone was causing CJ fits (J/K, CJ).  The best way to attract a high-quality man is to love yourself and hold yourself in high esteem.  Not going to bed with him on date 2 is a really good way to show this.  Nice guys are out there, and they are not all gay, married, or are monks.

And yes, sisters are all too aware of the faults of little brothers, CJ.