Re: Bugs & Maintenance Requests
Any change of status on the "logout" problem, or is it something we'll just have to live with?
Bill
TheNextBigWriter Premium → Bugs & Maintenance Requests
Any change of status on the "logout" problem, or is it something we'll just have to live with?
Bill
The logout problem with the forums still seems to exist too.
Congratulations on getting the site back up so quickly!
Sol, can you please assist member Penfold? He's tried uploading several different image formats for his cover page but none work. Also, please post here what the solution or workaround is as this keeps coming up, and I don't know how to assist people.
Thanks
Dirk
The "logout" problem still exists - and is getting very tiresome to have to keep logging back in.
Bill
I was giving a review and system wouldn't let me make any more comments. Tried several times but would not accept. Went to the closing comment and wrote them and they it would not submit. Made me sign in again. Went back and was able to finish closing comments. Didn't try to make any more suggestions within text since I didn't want to get kicked out again. Not a good experience. Any headway on this situation? Take care. Vern
Sol, for some reason "Will H." is not coming up in the writer search field yet is on the site/among my active connections. His membership is active until Sept. 3.
I was giving a review and system wouldn't let me make any more comments. Tried several times but would not accept. Went to the closing comment and wrote them and they it would not submit. Made me sign in again. Went back and was able to finish closing comments. Didn't try to make any more suggestions within text since I didn't want to get kicked out again. Not a good experience. Any headway on this situation? Take care. Vern
Open another window, log in there, and go back to the first one and continue working.
vern wrote:I was giving a review and system wouldn't let me make any more comments. Tried several times but would not accept. Went to the closing comment and wrote them and they it would not submit. Made me sign in again. Went back and was able to finish closing comments. Didn't try to make any more suggestions within text since I didn't want to get kicked out again. Not a good experience. Any headway on this situation? Take care. Vern
Open another window, log in there, and go back to the first one and continue working.
I live in a vintage house. All my windows are nailed shut except for the one holding the AC. Thanks. Take care. Vern
Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Fix the logout problem! I had to log in 5 times this morning simply to delete 4 spammers. This is VERY annoying and needs to be looked into.
Bill
Bill,
Given how often you've already asked for this fix and that your requests are simply being ignored, I suggest we stop all attempts to manage spammers until Sol takes the issue (any issue related to this site for that matter) even a little bit seriously.
We're volunteering our time to try to keep the site going with very little outside effort, and we can't even get minimal support from Sol to allow us to do that much.
Sorry for the attitude, Sol, but I'm pissed off. Bill has asked for this fix at least a dozen times over the past couple of years alone. I don't understand why you're still trying to keep this site going if you can't be bothered to do even the bare minimum to allow us to manage it for you for free.
By the way, Marilyn Johnson finally left for the same reason. This site's not even getting life support.
Dirk
Bill,
Given how often you've already asked for this fix and that your requests are simply being ignored, I suggest we stop all attempts to manage spammers until Sol takes the issue (any issue related to this site for that matter) even a little bit seriously.
We're volunteering our time to try to keep the site going with very little outside effort, and we can't even get minimal support from Sol to allow us to do that much.
Sorry for the attitude, Sol, but I'm pissed off. Bill has asked for this fix at least a dozen times over the past couple of years alone. I don't understand why you're still trying to keep this site going if you can't be bothered to do even the bare minimum to allow us to manage it for you for free.
By the way, Marilyn Johnson left the site for the same reason. No support.
Dirk
Unfortunately, I think the site is in the equivalent of hospice. We will linger a while with a bit of morphine occasionally (greatly extended contests for instance) and then slowly fade away into eternal slumber. Thanks for all your efforts, Dirk. Take care. Vern
Thank you, Dirk for putting it out there. I feel the same and although I hate to say it, I'm just about fed up myself. We had some very talented authors and one by one they faded into the sunset. I agree with you about deleting any more accounts.
Bill
I have to admit I expected more comments on this thread. As Vern says, it certainly does appears to have us in Hospice. Darn shame.
Bill
It is a shame because there are few sites with an inline comment system as good as this one, despite it's age, combined with a points ratio so easy now you really only need to trade reviews with 3-4 people regularly to keep posting forever.
One of the other pro sites out there has a painful points system in comparison but is well supported and therefore thriving.
This site could easily kick butt.
Agree totally, Dirk. I don't mind reviewing even though I already have over 900 points. There was some talk a while ago about being able to donate points to others. Wonder where that went, or if it's still around.
I see we have a couple of spammers.
Bill
TheNextBigWriter Premium → Bugs & Maintenance Requests