Dill Carver wrote:
vern wrote:

frog legs

(limbs of a small reptile)

entrée

tastes like chicken

frog legs

Corvette

Reagan-ray gun

porcupine love

Ah, yes, my little chickadee

bud

palomino

pod people (ha, couldn't help jumping in on myself)

arthropod

bed-hog

No is the answer.

Han

bad-ass

Mommyo

corra wrote:

Yes, agreed! I don't know if that was there when the site first launched (I hadn't noticed it), but I love the way it makes the whole conversation visible.

Nope, it wasn't there/here initially. Take care. Vern

King Kong

Daniels

corra wrote:

Do we get notifications when someone responds to the comments we make in an inline review?

I know I get an initial notification when they respond to the in-line review as a whole, but if I then answer their comments to my comments in the inline, do they get notification, and do I get notification if they answer those back?

I don't recall ever receiving a notification, but then virtually no one ever responds to the remarks, to include the author receiving the review. You do have a number which shows with the comments about how many comments there are, so anything above one would indicate another response. It's too bad so few folks take advantage of this option.

Most authors don't bother to comment on the individual highlights, but rather leave an overall response at the end. Hard to know which of those inline comments are doing any good when people don't leave any feedback on them. And I've never seen anyone else besides the reviewer/author leave an additional comment. I've done so on a few occasions, but never knew if it was even noticed or not after checking back a few times over a few weeks timeframe. Don't even bother anymore since I'm not sure if the vast majority even realize it can be done. Probably more than asked for, lol. Take care. Vern

1,020

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Welcome back. The new site is a bit different, but jump in the water and you'll be riding the waves shortly with no problem. Of course it might just be body surfing along the rocky coast for a while, lol. Take care. Vern

Vidalia

What's with all the bunions?

Paul

old lumberjack

1,025

(19 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Charles_F_Bell wrote:
vern wrote:

Once upon a time on a site far far away (i.e. the older version of this one) I more than once suggested that all members be required to occasionally review a work with less than the 3 reviews which was semi-implied by joining the site.

Naturally from you a fascist attempt to coerce attention toward a purported worthy goal.

Nothing like, as I suggest, a reasonable proportionality of review length to reviewed work. It's now 0.3 points or 30 points for 5 comments or 50 words, regardless.

The point system, of freedom to choose the rewards one seeks, is despicable to you.

vern wrote:

I politely pointed out


An unlikely event.

vern wrote:

To me, it would be no big deal to be "mandated" to choose


Of course not, being the sort you are - rude, obnoxious, mandating.

LOL! Thanks for another good laugh Charles. Take care. Vern