Topic: Credit Changes

Hi everyone,

I knew when we launched the site that there would be changes after we received your feedback. And we have received a lot of very helpful feedback - thank you!

The first series of changes we are going to make are to the credit system. We are going to do the following:

1. We will change the system so that you are no longer charged points for making changes to your manuscript on the site. The editing system will work the same way as on the old site.

2. The system to post to point groups will change. Right now, if you want to post to two different point groups, you have to pay the cost for each group. After the change, once you have paid points to post content, you will be able to post it to any group, point or non-points. So, point groups will just ensure that all content posted has been posted with points, it doesn't have to be points paid to that particular group.

These changes will most likely happen by the end of this week or early next week. Until then, I recommend the following.

1. If you are starting a group, start it as a non-point required group. Content posted to these groups will stay points if they were posted with points. These groups just do not require points in order to post. In the future, we can change it to Points if you want to require them.

2. If you have a Point group now and want to make it easier to post, let  me know and we can change your group to a non-points required group. Then, we can change it back once the change has gone into effect.

Thanks for your feedback. We are listening.

Sol

Re: Credit Changes

If all the groups become no-points-required for posting, then getting points for reviewing would be essentially worthless. I thought the old system worked well. Authors accumulated points for doing the work of reviewing, and in return, they could post their own stuff. Now it'll be a free-for-all, with the only governor in the process being reciprocity. Maybe that's a good thing; I don't know. I'll canvass the members of my group to see what they think.

If all the groups become no-points-required for posting, then getting points for reviewing would be essentially worthless. I thought the old system worked well. Authors accumulated points for doing the work of reviewing, and in return, they could post their own stuff. Now it'll be a free-for-all, with the only governor in the process being reciprocity. Maybe that's a good thing; I don't know. I'll canvass the members of my group to see what they think.

Jack, that's not exactly what it will be like. It will still costs points to post to point groups. The thing is, you only need to pay the point cost once, and then that will open up all of the point groups.

Thank you so much for listening Sol. Would you consider adding one teeny thing to the priority to do list?  Add a remember me button to the log in and remove whatever it is that is timing it out? Even after having the login each time, if the screen gets minimized for any length of time the system auto logs you out. Thanks again!!

Thank you so much for listening Sol. Would you consider adding one teeny thing to the priority to do list?  Add a remember me button to the log in and remove whatever it is that is timing it out? Even after having the login each time, if the screen gets minimized for any length of time the system auto logs you out. Thanks again!!

Yes, we are working on that. The logout issue should be fixed in the next couple of days.