Many thanks, Amy, as ways. Yes, I'll try to send links to you and to Bobbie, asap. Always great to get your support :-)
CHEERS!!!!
Mike

Many thanks, Jack! It's always great to hear from you. I had a LOT of help getting it published. I don't think I could've gotten it done on my own. For me, it was a harrowing process - even with help  :-0
CHEERS!!!!
Mike

Many, many thanks, Don, Bobbie, Dirk, Randy, and George. I'll try to get that link for you, Bobbie.
Hope all of you are doing well.
CHEERS!!!!
Mike

Hi everybody. Two GOOD things: first, my back is getting MUCH better (seeing a chiropractor) and I've fairly recently (with a LOT of help) published a book of dark poems on Amazon in ebook and paperback format. It's called Shadows and Shivers. I've got to get busy and market it. It's not going to be easy, yet we all know that old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Feel free to check it out and leave a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it!

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

(25 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hi George. Sorry for the very late reply. Got a lot on my mind lately. Not overwhelmed (yet) but I've been very busy this year, that's for sure. Reg. my troublers, I think they get in by the good ol' credit card method or maybe one or both have experience as locksmiths. I'm going to think about this and see what my very next step should be. Like Nathan pointed out, they haven't trashed the place or (best of my knowledge) stolen things, but.... yeah, I hope that they soon find another hobby  :-0

I wanted to write something for the last contest, but I was very busy and creatively blocked. Maybe I'll put something in the next contest.

Okay, George, take care and don't let the crazy things that're happening in this world get to you.

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Many thanks, Bill, as always. I'm going to try different things reg. this problem. I might have a deadbolt installed with a security system, or a deadbolt with cameras. The locks in the condo might very well be original, and the bdg. was put up in 1970. I'm not panicking. Like Nathan pointed out, it might be only a matter of these guys playing games. Still, I'd like it a great deal better if they'd find another hobby.

I recently read that there are some of these 'mind gamers' who spy on people with cameras and listening devices. I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case with me, but I wouldn't bet on the matter.

Thanks again, Bill, and be well.

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Oh, another thing, Nathan. One or both of them might have experience as a locksmith. I wouldn't be surprised. If THAT's the case.... But I'm going to look into this more.

Thanks, Nathan. Yeah, I pretty much agree that they're messing with me. Haven't loaned keys to anyone, yet they might be entering by the old credit card method. See, the locks are very likely original, and the building was put up in '70. So likely I'll be going with a deadbolt and a security system. Got lots of look-ups to do reg. this  :-0

CHEERS AND GOD BLESS!!!!

Mike

Thanks, Don. Yes, this decidedly calls for prayer  :-0  Hope you're doing well.

CHEERS AND GOD BLESS!!!!

Mike

HAHHAHA! How 'bout it, Rachel!? Sadly, it's too late for me to do that  :-(   I'm still thinking about things reg. this problem.

Mike

Hi again, everybody. I will try to reply to the comments I can't get to, today, t'morrow, hopefully. My back's a little better, but it's still a long way from "normal".

God bless and be well!

CHEERS - no matter how life's "behaving".

Mike

Many thanks, Dirk, as always. Yes, a alarm system and a GOOD deadbolt lock "should" work. I guess it's contingent upon their level of experience and slickness. I'll probably also talk to an atty who specializes in these kinds of problems. I can Probably get a free initial consultation. I'll see.

Thanks again, Dirk, and God bless!

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Big thanks, Marilyn, as always. I suspect they're getting in by using the old credit card trick. The locks in the condo are all (probably) original, and the building was finished in 1970... If not that way, perhaps they have experience as locksmiths, and they simply "pick" their way in. I wouldn't be surprised. But I agree with you and others here that new locks are very likely needed, no matter the cost.

I could also, very carefully, ask the HOA if there have been reports of B n E, package theft, etc.

Well, I finally went to see a chiropractor and he told me it could take a while for my back issue to go away. He wonders if there's a slipped disc. If so, he will want me to go my nearest VA hospital and get an MRI.

That said, I'm doing a little better today. He made some small adjustments with my back and that's partly why I'm better. He didn't want to do full adjustments yet because, he said, that would be too rough, considering my condition.

Thanks again, Marilyn, and God bless!

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Big thanks, Rachel, as always. Yeah, it's kinda tricky reg. how to deal with troublers like these. I think they might also have a camera or five and maybe listening devices. I say this 'cause sometimes it seems as though they say things I've said before, and 'cause some articles on HB report that a lot of these types DO listen and watch. If that's the case, I don't know exactly what I can do. Then again, as someone else told me, a GOOD deadbolt lock MIGHT keep them out. He rec'd that, cameras, and maybe a sec. system too. I can also(probably)talk with an attorney who specializes in this stuff. Then too, I'll need to see how they can be caught at evesdropping  and spying. 

Thanks again, Rachel, and God bless!

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Many thanks, NJC, as always. First, I LOVE the Glitter Box vid! An engineer is the last thing I am, but...maybe I can come up with simple, yet effective ideas. I neglected to mention to e'one that they might have a camera of their own(Yep)and maybe listening devices too. If they have such, well, I don't know....
Thanks for the vid and all of your advice!
Take care and God bless!

Mike

Many thanks, Lauren, as always. Yes, this is one of those a-gun's-pointed-at-you-and-there's-nothing-you-can-really-do situations. I will say that over the last few days or so, they've not been a thorn.

Thanks again, and God bless.

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

I've got to write this fast, my friends, so please bear with me. I'm at the library, and the pc "ate" my first post. That said, I hope things are much better with all of you. Maybe I'm deserving of the troubles I've been having lately. IDK. Cutting to the chase, my next-door-neighbors, two young punks, have been entering my condo unit for perhaps a month, maybe more. I don't really know what to do. Police. HOA. Etc. I'm feeling very put upon. I've never done anything to these guys, but for some weird reason, they have chosen me for one of their hobbies. And they enjoy letting me know they've been inside my unit. I'm going to be looking into other things, but I'm not optimistic about getting them out of my life. They're two punks and they apparently don't care about whatever trouble they cause.

I'm sorry for the anger in this post, but it's the best I can do for now. I've also got a serious back pain issue, and it's indeed SERIOUS. I'm going to the ER after I leave this library. I don't use a pc at home anymore.

Well, I just wanted to get current with all of you. Even though I've not been very busy on this site, I consider all of you friends!

Please pray for me, and whatever advice you have will be greatly welcome.

Take care and be well.

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

(10 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Hi Bobbie,

Been offline a while. Hope your surgery goes well, that the biopsy reveals nothing threatening, and that you deal with the coming days and weeks well.
I'll be praying.
Peace,
Mike

(20 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

BIG thanks Don and Karen. Yes, it IS mighty unpleasant.

Wow. I'm very sorry that you've got Covid, Karen. I will pray for you, and I hope you get better very soon!

God's best for both of you :-)

Mike

Ah. Memories of the vineyard. Softly singing, It was a very good year.  Waking up with a vise-grip headache. Staggering back, blindly, to the manse, throwing open the door, and crashing to the floor, sleeping much more. No, not really a good year for the wine. Maybe the roses...

Seriously though, I don't think I'm supposed to drink any alcohol. My doctor has told me that it would be a toss of the proverbial dice. But thanks for your thought, George.

Hey, Nathan. Been a while, man. Yeah, I'll be trying to take it easy, although I'm doing the laundry, about now. Hate doing it, but...

Okay, guys. Enjoy the rest of '21, and indeed have a kickass '22!

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

GOOD one, Willem! Hendrix and Dylan  :-D  BIG thanks, Bobbie. BTW, I've gotten way past my PTSD resulting from that job and that nasty young lady. Not long after you sent me that long and good letter, I found out that one of her brothers is a SERIOUS criminal and whack-job  :-0  Thank God there are laws, punishments, and prisons! A three-count felony and a another felony   (8--[ ]

HAPPY NEW YEAR to both of you :-)

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Many thanks, George, Marilyn, and Vern! Yes, I'll try to take it easy, and hopefully I'll get MUCH better soon  :-0  This is not a picnic, but no one in their right mind said life's always a lot of fun. Right now, I've got some nausea. Maybe that will go away fairly soon. Thanks big time for your thoughts and prayers!
CHEERS!!!!
Mike

Thanks to all of you for your kind, thoughtful, and funny replies :-) Yep, I WILL take care of myself; hernia's keep us on our toes, for real. That iguana wasn't very pain-free - Bill, Dirk - that's for sure. It just had to cause more than a hernia!

CHEERS!!!

Mike

Hi everybody,

On the 20th, I had surgery(robotically guided)for an inguinal hernia. There were complications after, and I had to stay overnight. I'm home now, and glad to be. My latest story-poem is about my hospital experience. I hope no one takes offense with my blend of sarcasm and attempt at humor.

The truth is that they did all they could; probably no other place on earth could've done any better with my op. I'm very glad to have it done, and I really consider it(hangover pain notwithstanding)an early Christmas gift! Hopefully, I'll soon be much busier, and also I do not want to have hernia number 3!

I've sneezed a few times, and just doing that makes me worry about damaging the surgeon's work.

That said, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Mike

(4 replies, posted in TheNextBigWriter Premium)

Ah, good idea, Dirk! Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.
Thanks, bigtime :-)
CHEERS!!!!
Mike