Re: Suggestions for simplifying the site

Lots of talk ...but nothing happens. Here's a tip to 'simplify' the site: RECIPROCATE! I've been burned 7 times in the past 9 days: Spent considerable time reviewing, only to come up empty-handed. Really.

No one used it. Why? Because it wasn't a main forum like this. People want a wide viewing audience for their arguments, something that will turn up on everyone's home page.

Exactly right.

WR, again, that is not a way to simplify the site, that is just a complaint you have—against people, not about the site and its functionality. Dirk was nice enough to make a separate post topic specifically for your manner of complaint with advice on how to get more reciprocation. Did you read it? Did you identify things you might be doing wrong and attempt to improve? I recommend you 1. ask if a person can/will reciprocate before you start wasting your time reviewing them. If they stop reciprocating, ask why if you don't know. Clear and honest communication can save you frustration. However, I think that kindness and civility are the best ways to get reciprocation. Posting this complaint continuously and in places it doesn't belong does not endear anyone to you.

Sol, we appreciate you and see the effort you're putting in to make things smoother.

SolN wrote:

No one used it. Why? Because it wasn't a main forum like this. People want a wide viewing audience for their arguments, something that will turn up on everyone's home page.

Exactly right.

Forgive me, Apricots, for taking a moment to celebrate here...I am so seldom right...

smile

55 (edited by Apricots 2022-01-28 18:49:18)

Celebration does seem in order as it's rare for someone to swoop in and so boldly and obliviously exemplify a point lol. I don't think you're alone in celebrating either, the negativity was a bit much, like a briar in a boot. I'm glad it's gone about its merry way.