Topic: Recovering from surgery

Hi everybody,

On the 20th, I had surgery(robotically guided)for an inguinal hernia. There were complications after, and I had to stay overnight. I'm home now, and glad to be. My latest story-poem is about my hospital experience. I hope no one takes offense with my blend of sarcasm and attempt at humor.

The truth is that they did all they could; probably no other place on earth could've done any better with my op. I'm very glad to have it done, and I really consider it(hangover pain notwithstanding)an early Christmas gift! Hopefully, I'll soon be much busier, and also I do not want to have hernia number 3!

I've sneezed a few times, and just doing that makes me worry about damaging the surgeon's work.

That said, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Mike

Re: Recovering from surgery

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mike. And Merry Christmas.

Dirk

When I read your post the first time, I read "iguana" hernia. How odd, I thought. Then I read it again. Take care, Mike. Nice to se you back.

Bill

Mike, I didn't realize you'd swallowed an iguana. That's gotta hurt. :-)

5 (edited by Randall Krzak 2021-12-24 08:45:58)

Hi Mike, Hope your recovery is smooth and fast.
Happy holidays!

Best regards, Randy & Sylvia

I wish you a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas, Mike!

Best wishes for a fast recovery and a Happy Healthy New Year!! Take care of you. smile

8 (edited by mikejackson1127 2021-12-24 13:50:58)

Thanks to all of you for your kind, thoughtful, and funny replies :-) Yep, I WILL take care of myself; hernia's keep us on our toes, for real. That iguana wasn't very pain-free - Bill, Dirk - that's for sure. It just had to cause more than a hernia!

CHEERS!!!

Mike

Glad to hear that the op went well, and you are on the improvement list. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

George FLC

Hang in there, Mike... Santa may have some nice surprises for you!  Hope you're feeling better, and Merry Christmas!

MJ

Hello, Mike, been there done that so the future should be much improved. Not to worry, a controlled sneeze here and there might be painful but will not or should not counter the surgeon's work. Hopefully, they did both sides, so you won't have to go through it again for the other. Many years with no problem, so rest easy and have a Merry Christmas and do consider it a great gift. Take care. Vern

Many thanks, George, Marilyn, and Vern! Yes, I'll try to take it easy, and hopefully I'll get MUCH better soon  :-0  This is not a picnic, but no one in their right mind said life's always a lot of fun. Right now, I've got some nausea. Maybe that will go away fairly soon. Thanks big time for your thoughts and prayers!
CHEERS!!!!
Mike

Get better soon, Mike. You know, there are many here among us who think that life is but a joke. Stay safe(r)!

Feel better soon, Mike!

Bobbie

GOOD one, Willem! Hendrix and Dylan  :-D  BIG thanks, Bobbie. BTW, I've gotten way past my PTSD resulting from that job and that nasty young lady. Not long after you sent me that long and good letter, I found out that one of her brothers is a SERIOUS criminal and whack-job  :-0  Thank God there are laws, punishments, and prisons! A three-count felony and a another felony   (8--[ ]

HAPPY NEW YEAR to both of you :-)

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Good to hear you're home and recovering. Now don't lift anything heavier than aheaping tablespoon.

Can he lift a glass of wine?

Ah. Memories of the vineyard. Softly singing, It was a very good year.  Waking up with a vise-grip headache. Staggering back, blindly, to the manse, throwing open the door, and crashing to the floor, sleeping much more. No, not really a good year for the wine. Maybe the roses...

Seriously though, I don't think I'm supposed to drink any alcohol. My doctor has told me that it would be a toss of the proverbial dice. But thanks for your thought, George.

Hey, Nathan. Been a while, man. Yeah, I'll be trying to take it easy, although I'm doing the laundry, about now. Hate doing it, but...

Okay, guys. Enjoy the rest of '21, and indeed have a kickass '22!

CHEERS!!!!

Mike

Speedy Recovery my friend!

20 (edited by k.l.warzala 2021-12-29 23:49:26)

Hi MIke, I'm glad you're getting better, surgery is a bitch.
I woke up this morning with Covid. I'm so sick. I have to go back to bed, just wanted to say howdy.
kl

BIG thanks Don and Karen. Yes, it IS mighty unpleasant.

Wow. I'm very sorry that you've got Covid, Karen. I will pray for you, and I hope you get better very soon!

God's best for both of you :-)

Mike