Topic: Draft review

This has come up before, but evidently it is still a problem. Though I've solved it before by simply not stopping a review before I finished and submitted it, this time I had to leave in the middle and of course there is nothing on the draft when I return even though I did save the draft or at least clicked to save it since the thing obviously doesn't work. That I had a draft appeared on my home page, but when I try to resume there is nothing there. Rather annoying even if I avoid it most of the time. If it doesn't work, why have the save draft. Well, I guess I'll have to make it even more of a point to not get called away in the middle of a review. Anyway, that's my rant for the night and I'll do my damnedest not to trust that thing again. No, I don't need it fixed now; don't even need a reply. I'll just redo the whole thing the best I can recall what the hell I said. Take care. Vern

Re: Draft review

Vern, have you tried looking for the draft under Reviews - Inline Posted? The only place you can open a draft and resume from where you left off is from there.

Go to in-line review replies. It should be there.
Kiss
Gacela

Dirk B. wrote:

Vern, have you tried looking for the draft under Reviews - Inline Posted? The only place you can open a draft and resume from where you left off is from there.

Yeah, it shows up that way, but I've already redone the thing now. Kind of stupid it doesn't show up from the red draft icon on the home page or simply when you go back to the same chapter with an in-line. I appreciate your input. Now if the system worked a bit more intuitively from that draft thing, I might not have to go through this again in a year when all this will go out the back door of memory. Hell, the rant felt good anyway, lol. Thanks. Take care. Vern

Sol, Vern has a point. When we go to a chapter to leave a review and there is already a draft in progress, it shows us there's a draft, but doesn't allow us to click from there to get to the saved draft. This should be an easy fix.

6 (edited by Temple Wang 2018-12-15 14:21:09)

Dirk B. wrote:

Sol, Vern has a point. When we go to a chapter to leave a review and there is already a draft in progress, it shows us there's a draft, but doesn't allow us to click from there to get to the saved draft. This should be an easy fix.

I agree completely, and thanks for venting on this Vern. (Oh, look! I alliterated ...) 

This draft matter should have been dealt with long ago.  And while we’re on the subject, given the design decision  to make the buttons for “Save” and “Submit” identical (dumb), and since once you accidentally hit “Submit” when you meant to hit “Save” you’re pretty much effed, so we could use a pop-up that verifies you want to Submit so it’s not so easy to accidentally do.  I would also differentiate the buttons (common sense) either by color or size or something, for the luva Pete ...

Temple’s tantrum’s terminated.  Tata

Yes, thanks for bringing it up. We'll fix these problems. They are annoying.

8 (edited by njc 2018-12-15 22:24:30)

Besides the size/shape of the buttons, you can change the color of one of them, or make one of them an outline.  I like the outline idea; I think it a stronger change that won't compromise your color scheme.  (The text inside the outline would be dark on light.)

Or simply rename the buttons (e.g., Save For Now and I'm Finished).

10 (edited by Temple Wang 2018-12-16 00:05:29)

Dirk B. wrote:

That doesn’t really solve the problem. The problem with the buttons is not the “words” on them; it’s that they have the same appearance and their proximity to one another.  It’s the same logic that applies to distinguishing “Snooze” from  “Stop” ...

http://www.iphonetricks.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/iphone-snooze-alarm-screen.jpg

Dirk B. wrote:

The bigger problem is regardless of how you save it (button size, color, whatever) you can't get back to it from the red (Draft) icon on the home page nor the work you are reviewing. You must remember possibly a year from now that the red draft icon does nothing and you have to go to all your reviews posted to find the dang thing, which is totally illogical imho. Take care. Vern

12 (edited by Temple Wang 2018-12-16 00:29:59)

vern wrote:
Dirk B. wrote:

The bigger problem is regardless of how you save it (button size, color, whatever) you can't get back to it from the red (Draft) icon on the home page nor the work you are reviewing. You must remember possibly a year from now that the red draft icon does nothing and you have to go to all your reviews posted to find the dang thing, which is totally illogical imho. Take care. Vern

I agree.  I muddied the waters by introducing a second problem. My bad.  Apologies.

Vern, Sol noted above the problems would be addressed.

Dirk B. wrote:

Vern, Sol noted above the problems would be addressed.

Yes, I know, just responding to the secondary problem being discussed. Fixing the major one will minimize the minor one. Take care. Vern

Temple Wang wrote:
vern wrote:
Dirk B. wrote:

I agree.  I muddied the waters by introducing a second problem. My bad.  Apologies.

Some things in life just cry out for an Are Your Damn Sure? dialogue. I decided to delete an older version of one of my chapters, thinking the new shinier one was all I really needed. As soon as I confirmed that I wanted to delete it, I remembered all the reviews would be deleted too. Fortunately, I had already applied all the changes, and my Reviews page shows me what reviews existed, so I know whose work I still need to review.

True, it's a second problem, but not secondARY; it exists alongside the first one.

The human visual system is a monochrome system with a low-res color system layered on top of it, and a language-recognition system alongside the color system. The best immediate recognition comes from differences in luminous intensity and shape.

(The analog NTSC color television system took advantage of the difference in our luminance and color acuity.  It had about 1/3 the bandwidth for the two hue signals as for the luminance signal.)

njc wrote:

True, it's a second problem, but not secondARY; it exists alongside the first one.

I would call it secondary as it is more readily remedied than the primary problem. If you hit the submit button by mistake, you can at least go to that review and make additions and/or corrections without having to strain your brain the way you must to find your way back to a draft which doesn't show up from the logical red draft icon nor does it show up when you go back to that same work and try to continue something which is no longer there. Either way, they should both be fixed so as not to cause undue stress on an old heart from all that blood pumping searching to no logical conclusion. I rest my case and my body and brain. Take care. Vern