Topic: Acknowledgements

I just signed a publishing contract for How Little We Know. I'll be naming those at TNBW who stuck with the novel from beginning to end in the Acknowledgements page: Judy Suchan, Janet Taylor-Perry, C J Driftwood, Janet Reid, Nathan B. Childs, Irene Hamilton, Ann Everett, Philisha Stevens, graymartin, D. A. Amberson, Allenl, Deb Lampi, Mike Jackson, Cobber, Audra Middleton. I've sent private messages to those for whom there was a question as to what name I should use. If you haven't received a message and would like to change the name I have for you here, please let me know. Thanks, everybody!

Jack

Re: Acknowledgements

Hey Jack,
Congratulations on the contract.  Well done!
Randy

Congrats and thanks for the shout out! I loved the story. Need a blurb???

Thanks, Randy! I appreciate your support!

Looks like you're going to be busy again soon! This is great news. smile

Thanks - both Janets! I WILL be busy again when the editing starts, and then with the marketing when it comes out. The fun part of writing the book is over! sad

Congratulations, John, on the book contract, and thanks for tipping your hat to this addicted reader.

You deserve it, my friend.

9 (edited by dagnee 2016-01-16 06:11:18)

JACK,
THIS MADE MY DAY BUDDY! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!

DAGS smile

PS...I JUST SAW THIS: D. A. Amberson THANKS FOR REMEMBERING! smile

Whoop whoop. Brilliant news Jack. You must tell us how you approached the whole contract thing. I fancy trying this route too.
Great news, so happy for you.

Thanks, D A!  Once you get that first contract, you've got a foot in the door. The publisher gets to know you, and you establish relationships with editors, marketers, et al. Not a guarantee of future contracts, but it helps. The publishing industry is changing rapidly. I self-published my first two books - back when I knew nothing about marketing, and sales were poor. So I went looking for a publisher that didn't require an agent middleman and found one. But after two more books, that publisher sold out to a larger, NY firm that didn't know me. I now have two publishers who differ in their philosophies, giving me more than one option when pitching a new book.

But if you don't mind doing everything yourself - including marketing! - self-publishing can be quite successful. And the advantage is that you control everything. And take all the profits! For me, I'd rather have someone else do some of the heavy lifting.

I'm certainly no publishing expert, but I'd be happy to share my experiences with anyone who's interested.   jdeboer@nc.rr.com