Mythical Creature Short Story Contest
Competition, Rules, and Regulations
Competition, Rules, and Regulations
Official Competition Rules and Regulations
1. OPEN ONLY TO MEMBERS OF THE THENEXTBIGWRITER PREMIUM
Not a Member? Join Now.
Members of theNextBigWriter.com may enter the Competition by:
- Becoming a Member of theTheNextBigWriter Premium Group
- Posting the SHORT STORY to this group.
- Submitting the entry using the Contest tab.
· The work is officially considered entered if it appears on official entry list visible here:
The challenge of this competition is to write a story that includes a mythical creature. The creature can be one that already exists in lore and stories or you can create your own mythical creature. The story can be any genre. Story length should be between 1,000 - 3,000 words. Judging will be based on how creatively the mythical character is incorporated into the story as well as the story's overall entertainment value.
The deadline for the contest is April 30, 2021.
Members may submit as many entries as they like but only the most recent two entries will be judged.
All work posted to the site by members is the sole responsibility of the submitting person. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content posted or otherwise made available via the site. Sponsor reserves the right to declare any entries determined to not be in accordance with the stated terms of TheNextBigWriter Member Agreement ineligible for entry.
2. Winner Selection: The editorial staff of TheNextBigWriter will choose the winning entries. Sole discretion for choosing the winners rests with the TheNextBigWriter editorial staff. All editorial decisions and procedures relating to this Contest are final.
3. Writing Awards: The first place winner will receive $100 cash. Two second place winners will receive $25 cash. Winner and runners-up receive their choice of ebooks from the TheNextBigWriter bookstore up to a $10 value.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No transfer or substitution of prizes permitted. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his/her name, pen name, likeness, and city and state of residence for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law.
5. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in any contest-related materials; or for any individual's inability to enter this contest, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, telephone, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event that the contest is terminated, all eligible entries received before termination will be ranked. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these official rules.
6. Winners List: For a list of winners send a postcard, only, with your name and address to: theNextBigWriter Awards Winners List, 41 Cloverdale Road, Newton, MA 02461. Winners will also be posted on theNextBigWriter.com website as they are determined.
7. Sponsor: theNextBigWriter, LLC, 41 Cloverdale Road, Newton, MA 02461.