Fall 2016 Use These Words Writing Contest
Competition, Rules, and Regulations
TheNextBigWriter Fall 2016 Use These Words Writing Contest
Official Competition Rules and Regulations
1. OPEN ONLY TO MEMBERS OF THE THENEXTBIGWRITER PREMIUM
Members of theNextBigWriter.com may enter the Competition by:
- Becoming a Member of theTheNextBigWriter Premium Group
- Posting the SHORT STORY to this group.
- Submitting the entry using the Contest tab.
· The work is officially considered entered if it appears on official entry list visible here:
The challenge of this competition is to post the most original, creative short story that contains the following characteristics:
- The opening line must be spoken. It must also connect to an event that just happened or will just happen.
- The story must use the following words at least once: foliage, Corvette, seltzer, Nutella, swan, diamond?
There is no minimum length. The maximum length is 5,000 words.
Two entries will are allowed per member. In the case of more than two entries, the first two entries submitted will be judged.
All work posted to the site by members is the sole responsibility of the submitting person. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content posted or otherwise made available via the site. Sponsor reserves the right to declare any entries determined to not be in accordance with the stated terms of theNextBigWriter Member Agreement ineligible for entry.
2. Winner Selection: There will be one winner. The editorial staff of TheNextBigWriter will choose the winning entries. Sole discretion for choosing the winners rests with the editorial staff. All editorial decisions and procedures relating to this Contest are final.
3. Writing Awards: Three winner will receive $100 cash.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No transfer or substitution of prizes permitted. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his/her name, pen name, likeness, and city and state of residence for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law.
5. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in any contest-related materials; or for any individual's inability to enter this contest, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, telephone, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event that the contest is terminated, all eligible entries received before termination will be ranked. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these official rules.
6. Winners List: For a list of winners send a postcard, only, with your name and address to: theNextBigWriter Awards Winners List, P.O. Box 610383, Newton, MA 02461. Winners will also be posted on theNextBigWriter.com website as they are determined.
7. Sponsor: theNextBigWriter, LLC, P.O. Box 610383, Newton, MA 02461.