1 (edited by j p lundstrom 2018-05-23 08:44:55)

Topic: A Message for All

I received positive feedback from Sol regarding a group-sponsored writing contest. He will provide the prize. Now all that remains is to select a theme. I've suggested a western (past or present), a historical story, OR a mystery/thriller as possible themes, because those are the groups I belong to. Would you be interested in such a contest? The way I see it, any member of a related group would be eligible to enter. What do you think? Please give your reaction in the Prime Forum thread entitled "How about a group contest?"  JP

2 (edited by dagny 2018-05-23 03:55:25)

Re: A Message for All

j p lundstrom wrote:

I received positive feedback from Sol regarding a group-sponsored writing contest. He will provide the prize. Now all that remains is to select a theme. I've suggested a western (past or present), a historical story, and a mystery/thriller as possible themes, because those are the groups I belong to. Would you be interested in such a contest? The way I see it, any member of a related group would be eligible to enter. What do you think? Please give your reaction in the Prime Forum thread entitled "How about a group contest?"  JP

JP--
I think that an contest in each group would be a good idea but probably not possible. Of course, I would like to see a Mystery/thriller contest.
Anyway, thanks for the 411 smile
dags smile

Right, dags. Thanks for pointing out the need for clarification. The suggestion was for one contest.

Would you rather write 1) A story with a western theme (set in the past or present, any genre); 2) A story with a historical setting (again, any genre); or 3) a thriller/mystery story?

Choose one, or if none of them interests you, suggest another theme.

If you wouldn't be interested in competing, it would be useful to know that, too.

Trying to narrow it down/ find the theme that generates the most interest.  JP

4) Steampunk?
5) Urban fantasy?
6) Memoir?

j p lundstrom wrote:

Right, dags. Thanks for pointing out the need for clarification. The suggestion was for one contest.

Would you rather write 1) A story with a western theme (set in the past or present, any genre); 2) A story with a historical setting (again, any genre); or 3) a thriller/mystery story?

Choose one, or if none of them interests you, suggest another theme.

If you wouldn't be interested in competing, it would be useful to know that, too.

Trying to narrow it down/ find the theme that generates the most interest.  JP

I could probably write all three but I would only enjoy writing thriller/mystery!

tongue