1 (edited by pamelablack62 2015-01-06 01:17:22)

Topic: loving the new inline review format!

I'm not good with change.  I always have to tip-toe slowly up to it and live there a while before I know how I really feel.  That being said, I love love, LOVE the new inline review format.  Talk about making a girls job easier!!!  THANK YOU SoIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: loving the new inline review format!

pamelablack62 wrote:

I'm not good with change.  I always have to tip-toe slowly up to it and live there a while before I know how I really feel.  That being said, I love love, LOVE the new inline review format.  Talk about making a girls job easier!!!  THANK YOU SoIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree the in-line review does make a girl's (or boy's, lol) much easier. It could still use a few tweaks, but Sol has already extended the limit in each comment box so I seldom run into that wall anymore - MAJOR IMPROVEMENT.  I think once people get more accustomed to using it, some of the real advantages will take hold. For instance folks can go in and comment on any of the comments left by other reviewers and/or the author and create a true feedback loop, but so far I have not found people taking advantage of this option. And of course the authors must do their part and not simply ignore all the highlighted comments when responding, instead just make a general response in the final comment box. I've made a few comments and seen a few others, but it is a rare commodity. Time will tell if the full potential of the site will be utilized by the majority. At any rate, it is still much better/easier than the past. Despite all the evidence to the contrary in advertised products, sometimes "new improved" actually is. Take care. Vern

I love being able to do the inline reviews. I just wish the text box for comments would appear on the side rather than over the piece I'm reading.

If you're taking votes, I, too, love the in-line review. I use it almost all the time.  I do have a question for authors, though: how hard can it be to go back and add/delete a comma, quote, or question mark?  There must be a lot of writers who keep having the same errors pointed out.

5 (edited by dagnee 2015-01-06 19:34:44)

j p lundstrom wrote:

If you're taking votes, I, too, love the in-line review. I use it almost all the time.  I do have a question for authors, though: how hard can it be to go back and add/delete a comma, quote, or question mark?  There must be a lot of writers who keep having the same errors pointed out.

JP--I am guilty of not correcting my text until all the reviews are in. I do like the in-line  reviews for correcting a lot better than the regular reviews on the old site. I can open another browser and look at the work side by side, one screen the review the other the editing format, and find what I need to correct by glancing, instead of searching the review.

And JP thanks for the attention you're giving Ronan...this is the final edit, after this all I have to do is decide how to publish it.

I want to thank everyone reviewing Ronan now and who've reviewed it in the past. Especially Ann Everett who's read every version and talked me down with midnight emails when I was certain the transcript was a total loss.

dags smile

Hey, Vern!  I'm finding the majority of folks aren't even acknowledging my reviews.  That is a sure fire way to guarantee I won't leave a second review.  If you can't be bothered to even acknowledge the time I took to leave a review you sure as heck won't be able to be bothered to actually return the favor IMHO.  Shaking my head.

j p lundstrom wrote:

Hey jp, we all do things differently! Some will, some won't. Not something to be too worried about imo! xx

JP, I rarely edit anything until I'm in that writing mode. I don't mind multiple comments on something because that generally means it DOES need my attention. Like Janet said, everyone's process is different--none being right or wrong.