Topic: New year, new ideas

I am wondering how to increase our interaction as a group and have more fun.

I know many of you belong to groups that force you to review once or twice a week a story on the spotlight, or some similar process. I'm not suggesting anything of the kind.

I'm suggeting something fun!

Let's do a contest among ourselves. We are the participants, and the judges. Each of us (those who want to particiapte, of course) post a story to the group. The group requires no points, so if'll be for free. Once the contests is closed, we read each other stories and vote in this thread. The only rule is, we can't vote for our our story. I count the votes and announce the winner. There will be no price, only the fun.

Do you agree? Who's in?

Here's the first challenge, if you're in:

Lenght: 500 words or less.
Genre: Any.
Topic: The MC realises he/she/it is a fictional character and breakes the fourth wall.
Deadline: All entries must be published before 31 Jan 2019.
Elegibility: Members of the Close Friends group. Each member is allowed to post as many entries as preferred.

Kiss,

Gacela

Re: New year, new ideas

That sounds like fun. I'm in. But can we have more time? Maybe 6 weeks?

Sure. I thought all January long should be more than enough to craft a 500-word story, but it can certaily be 6 weeks if that suits everybody else. On the other hand, I don't want the contests to take too much time because it loses punch.  We're not Sol!

Kiss,

Gacela

sounds fun! I'm in!! what a great idea!
two suggestions - we vote for our favourite by private messaging you so that nobody will be swayed by seeing someone else's vote.
also, maybe it should only be one entry per member - otherwise reading each entry could become a bit tiresome if one person enters too many.
what do you think?

I agree. One entry per member. You send me your votes by private message so the voting is not biassed. I won't participate, to make sure there is no cheating with the votes.

Who else is in?

Kiss

Gacela

mulling it over

Kdot wrote:

mulling it over

C'mon, Mr K.H.! It's for fun. And it's only 500 words or less.

Kiss,

Gacela

This sounds fun! I suck at short stories, so I don't expect to win but I'm happy to try and throw something together - but more than that, I'm excited to see what you guys have all got.

I'm between mulling it over (Kdot) and needing six week (Suin)

Mariana Reuter wrote:

. I won't participate, to make sure there is no cheating with the votes.

Sure you can participate! I am sure everybody would trust you not to cheat!!

Rachel (Rhiannon) Parsons wrote:

I'm between mulling it over (Kdot) and needing six week (Suin)

I think it should be okay if we go for a six weeks time to write the stories. I mean... There's no actual hurry.

Kiss

Gacela