Topic: Formatting

So my chapters look fine when I'm posting, but when I read the reviews the lines are all hosed up. What's up with that and how can I fix it?

Re: Formatting

I had that too, but it disappeared after I contacted Sol. He didn't see it from his account, but I sent him a screenshot, and now it's gone (so far).

I could not publish my prologue to only this group, but it let me stick it here and Premium. Hope I don't live to regret the Premium posting. I don't mind the feedback, but I know I can't adequately reciprocate.

Linda Ulleseit wrote:

So my chapters look fine when I'm posting, but when I read the reviews the lines are all hosed up. What's up with that and how can I fix it?

I've noticed it in a lot of posted works. I have no tech savvy, but could it be something in the writers' word processing/editing software? I use Word and edit by hand (never spellcheck). I've never had that formatting problem when I posted. Free advice--for what it's worth.  JP

Thanks, all. If it persists I'll contact Sol.

Nancy DeMarco wrote:

I could not publish my prologue to only this group, but it let me stick it here and Premium. Hope I don't live to regret the Premium posting. I don't mind the feedback, but I know I can't adequately reciprocate.

Hi Nancy,

As far as I am concerned, you don't have to worry about reciprocating everything of yours I review. Just whatever you can get to, when you can, is perfectly fine with me.  I just enjoy reading a good effort in genres of my liking and leaving a few notes and/or suggestions for consideration. The reciprocity is nice but not necessarily expected. Enjoy "Marley's Ashes" so far!

Alan