Topic: Welcome

Hi all,

I think the name of the Group says it all. Go at it.

If you want to receive reviews from this group, remember to also post your content to it.

Sol

Re: Welcome

Hi Jeff,

I'm not really clear what you mean. You can add comments to inline edits left by others, although two people can't inline edit on the same doc. But you can comment, vote inline edits up and down, etc. I haven't really seen a lot of demand for much beyond that.

What is the purpose of accepting or deleting inline edits? How would that work? Now you can mark if an inline edit was reviewed and used in the original document. What purpose do you see for accept or delete beyond that?

Hi Sol, I just signed up for this group. Did you mean in your comment that one posts directly here, but if I want to have that post more generally available post it in the usual, for me normal way? Would I start reposting the chapters I've already posted before?

Did you mean in your comment that one posts directly here, but if I want to have that post more generally available post it in the usual, for me normal way? Would I start reposting the chapters I've already posted before?

You can post to multiple groups. If you want members of this group to be able to review your writing, you should make sure you also select this group when you post.. You can always go back and add your content to this group. To do this click the Publish tab from within the work, select the Shred Group and save.

5 (edited by Temple Wang 2018-01-22 09:35:27)

SolN wrote:

Hi all,

I think the name of the Group says it all. Go at it.

If you want to receive reviews from this group, remember to also post your content to it.

Sol

Sol,
Until this Group gains critical mass, I don’t know that it’s practical to make it a “points” group.  Can we remove the points requirement—at least until membership/activity is sufficient?  Otherwise, I am concerned it won’t be able to sustain itself.

It's important to note that we made a change to the points groups several years ago. Once you've paid points to post in one group, you can post it to another without needing any additional points. So for most people adding content to this group will require no additional points.

Hi all. I'll dig into some off the writing here. Let's see what you have posted.

Jake J. Harrison wrote:

Hi all. I'll dig into some off the writing here. Let's see what you have posted.

Hey stranger.  I was hoping you’d crawl out from under your rock....good to see you.

Hello.

This ought to be a good group, really. Brutal, but good. Hope to post and review soon!

Hello,

I'm new to the group and to a writing group.
I've got my big girl pants on, ready for the shred and would love to get some feedback on the first two chapters I posted of My Model Family.
thanks

Sheila Clark wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to the group and to a writing group.
I've got my big girl pants on, ready for the shred and would love to get some feedback on the first two chapters I posted of My Model Family.
thanks

Welcome to the Group.  I suggest you use the story type “Book” when you post, and keep you Chapters together rather than posting them like individual short stories. That will benefit both you and your readers.

Thanks for the response.
That was my intention to keep the chapters together, but I'm still muddling through this website.
All advice is welcome.

Sheila Clark wrote:

Thanks for the response.
That was my intention to keep the chapters together, but I'm still muddling through this website.
All advice is welcome.

https://www.thenextbigwriter.com/guide/ … structions
This also has a video guide that takes you step by step through the process.  There are lots of videos under “Help” section.  Good luck.

Hi, all,
I'd like to leave the Shred group.  It's not my cup of tea. Is this the way to do so or is there somewhere a button or another method to do so.

Good luck for your endeavors,
Christine

Christine Dreier wrote:

Hi, all,
I'd like to leave the Shred group.  It's not my cup of tea. Is this the way to do so or is there somewhere a button or another method to do so.

Good luck for your endeavors,
Christine

From Menu (Upper left hand)
Choose: Groups
Choose: MyGroups
Find “Shred”
Choose “Leave Group”

Raji just got shredded. Whew! This is going to take a lot of band-aids. Thank you, Temple.

I'm glad to be here, I think.

Charley