1 (edited by cobber 2017-11-20 14:51:56)

Topic: State of Vengeance Marketing Update

Hi all,

Just an update on my marketing efforts. My initial goal was to get 5 reviews and then begin phase 2 of my marketing program. I stalled out at 3 reviews but decided to move ahead anyway. I figure more reviews will come and I wanted to see how important reviews are. The verdict: reviews  help but are not necessary.

I started a Facebook campaign for the book and it's doing quite well. In the last week I have spent about $200 and generated 26 sales. That's a cost of $7.70 per sale. So, I am still losing money on each sale but this gap is narrowing and as I optimize the campaign I expect to be at break-even soon. Once that happens, I can ramp up the campaign. But more importantly, I am getting lots of Facebook shares and discussion going about the book. The book's Kindle ranking has hovered around 20,000 and I hope to punch it above 10,000 in the next week.

I'm hoping these sales will lead to a few more good reviews. Once that happens, I will do a short promo deal and pump the book on some of the deal sites to try and shoot it into the Top 1,000.

I work in digital marketing and this expertise has been crucial in promoting the book. I experimented quite a bit on Facebook until I got it to start working and I'm still tweaking and experimenting to find the right combination of ad and audience.

I hope some of this info helps your efforts. I'll continue to provide updates as the campaign develops.

- Jake

http://amzn.to/2zTPbsP

Re: State of Vengeance Marketing Update

I find this end of the equation daunting. I appreciate you letting us know how your efforts are going. What works, what doesn't.
Thank you for sharing.
CJ

Considering the time it's been on Amazon, a 20,000 sales ranking is good!

Considering the time it's been on Amazon, a 20,000 sales ranking is good!

Thanks! It's now at 11,762. I'm going to optimize my marketing tomorrow and hope to bring it under 10,000 in the next day or two.

Way to go, Cobber!  Well done!!