Topic: Marketing State of Vengeance - Progress Report
So, I promised to provide everyone with an update on my marketing efforts for State of Vengeance. If you have any comments, thoughts, etc. please free to append these or ask them.
I launched State of Vengeance on September 27, 2017. I could have waited longer and perfected a few more things but my wife told me to finally let it go. Lesson 1: don't procrastinate; let the book go when it's good enough. I've since found a few typos which I'll correct.
My strategy is the following:
My initial goal is to get 100 sales and 5-6 reviews. This is phase I. To do this, I have done the following:
- Price the book at $3.99. This is cheap enough that is should encourage browsing, but also provides Amazon enough revenue that it will want to promote the book. After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that Amazon wants to maximize revenue, so pricing a book at $.99 is not in the company's best interest.
- After some thought, I also decided to sign up for Kindle Select. This will allow readers who are part of the program to get the book for free. So, I decided this and the $3.99 was the best of both worlds.
- I sent an email to contacts, early readers, giveaways, etc.
- I did a book giveaway on Goodreads.
- I purchased a book promo deal on Choosy Bookworm for $40.
- I have boosted an excerpt of the book on Booksie.com and also have purchased a lead program there where an excerpt is sent to readers who opt-in.
- I ordered 10 copies of the hardcover to distribute to some influencers and I have chosen.
The result so far of Phase 1:
- I have sold 35 books and 2,081 pages on KENP. These are modest numbers but I'm really not promoting much yet.
- More importantly, reviews have started to come in. I have one review on Amazon and one on Amazon.uk. These are unsolicited reviews.
- Sales are building and increasing over time, which I take to be a good thing
I hope to get to the 100 sales goal by the end of November. Then, in December and January, the height of the holiday season and after, when people need to spend their Amazon gift cards, I will move on to phase II.
- Cut the price to $.99 for a couple of days and blast the book out through as many deal sites as I can. The goal is to jack the visibility.
- Once the blasts are done, I will bring the price back to $3.99.
- Continue to send copies out to interested Bloggers, readers, people in industry, etc.
- I haven't fully formulated my phase 3 yet. It's still a work in progress.
So, that's how it's going so far. I hope this helps. If you do have suggestions, I am all ears.