Topic: GETTING TO KNOW YOU

HI you all who have joined my group.  I didn't even realize we have a forum option.  As time goes on I will put in tidbits of this and that and certainly would like to hear from you all.  Our lives are not all about writing.

Let's spend some time getting to know one another.

As you all know, I am married (second time around) have two grown children and six grandchildren.  Sometimes I forget that I am aging.... a bit
...because I still feel 40 and I still act 25 so life is as good as it can be right now.

Although my husband is quite ill, I am able to take on what I used to refer to as HIS CHORES, and it not my intention to ever see him end up hospitalized.

We have had the opportunity (twice) to spend our winter's in Mazatlan and we had a lake lot at Sturgeon Lake for many years.  So many memories, all good, some silly and some forgettable.

Would love to hear from everyone

Irene Hamilton   aka Kyla

2 (edited by j p lundstrom 2014-12-10 19:46:52)

Re: GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Since you mention Fairview in your book, and I set my second book in a fictitious Fairview, I thought I'd look for your Fairview.  Lo, amd behold! I found six Fairviews in Ontario alone!  I'm afraid I'll have to remain ignorant--I don't think, at my age, I can hold up under a lesson in Canadian geography.  I was just curious.  After all, you are my hero.  JP
P.S.  I live in Arizona, retired from teaching and from a multitude of other, short term jobs that filled my time in between teaching assignments.  I picked up a lot of ideas along the way.  Now I'm writing them down.

Hi jp.  My Fairview is in Alberta, Canada.  You really need to drop by sometime.  Hey!  We could show you one hell of a great adventure!  Irene aka Kyla. By the way, speaking of heroes, you are definitely one of mine, big time!

Hi Everyone,

I am getting back into writing and would consider myself "dipping my toes in" after an intense year.  I hope to share, write and read more as 2015 rolls up in a few hours. 

Look forward to getting to know people,

Lottie

Hi all!  I see I can just scroll down to the bottom of the page and make entries. Why do I feel like half my brain is on holidays? One of our members asked me about self-publishing, which is my choice of getting my novellas out there.  I plan to promote my INCREDULOUS JOURNEY via self-publishing. I use createspace because of cost but I am sure there are many credible outlets as well. 

I have sold several of my GLADYS TRIPALONG novellas but for the most part I am just having fun. Not going to get rich by any means!

Happy writing -