Re: Welcome!

I must be through a run of bad luck because, in the past 12 months, I dated two different chaps and in both cases they turned to be not the wrong one, but the very wrong one. Both relationships started too fast--which was partially my fault for allowing it--and ended up badly. I'm no longer a teen so I ought to learn how engage in a positive relationship.

I also need to kill a ghost from the past, and maybe then it'll be easier for me to start something positive. But sometimes we grab these ghosts like Titanic survivors grabbing a lifesaver in the sea. Only we're floating in freezing water and the lifesaver is not a good idea unless we let it go and swim like the devil were after us, until we reach the Carpathia.

Sigh!

Kiss

Gacela.

Hello!! So thrilled to be here! And so sorry, Gacela, about your run of bad luck in romance. Patience, right? I was 37 before I found the love of my life, and even then it took me awhile to figure out if I loved or hated him, lol

Rachel (Rhiannon) Parsons wrote:

Hi, Gacela:  Glad you are back.  You being gone was causing CJ fits (J/K, CJ).  The best way to attract a high-quality man is to love yourself and hold yourself in high esteem.  Not going to bed with him on date 2 is a really good way to show this.  Nice guys are out there, and they are not all gay, married, or are monks.

And yes, sisters are all too aware of the faults of little brothers, CJ.

My sister-in -law trained my husband well! They had to share a Jack-and-jill bathroom. He's clean, tidy and puts the seat down! He can also cook and do the laundry.

c.e. jones wrote:

Hello!! So thrilled to be here! And so sorry, Gacela, about your run of bad luck in romance. Patience, right? I was 37 before I found the love of my life, and even then it took me awhile to figure out if I loved or hated him, lol

Welcom, c.e. You'll like this group. There is also a way to do more indepth conversations (about your book and other things) that you can't do on an in-line review or the regular review.

Glad you're here.

c.e. jones wrote:

Welcome! It's nice your back. You're a wonderful writer and I really enjoyed your story Maypops in September. It's good you're writing again.

Kiss,
Gacela

31 (edited by Rachel (Rhiannon) Parsons 2018-02-13 17:01:51)

Mariana Reuter wrote:

I must be through a run of bad luck because, in the past 12 months, I dated two different chaps and in both cases they turned to be not the wrong one, but the very wrong one. Both relationships started too fast--which was partially my fault for allowing it--and ended up badly. I'm no longer a teen so I ought to learn how engage in a positive relationship.

I also need to kill a ghost from the past, and maybe then it'll be easier for me to start something positive. But sometimes we grab these ghosts like Titanic survivors grabbing a lifesaver in the sea. Only we're floating in freezing water and the lifesaver is not a good idea unless we let it go and swim like the devil were after us, until we reach the Carpathia.

There are support groups that help members exorcize these ghosts.  One thing I'd recommend is go into the alpha state of mind, ask your subconscious 'What is attracting me to these men?'  Take notes on the responses.  Another good technique to use, especially before going to pick up places or places where you might meet a guy you are interested in):  You thump your energy spots, and say to yourself (shout, if possible), "Although I totally f*** myself with my relationships with men, I totally accept and appreciate myself."  It works wonders.  Another technique;  make a list of all the negative things about your father and all the positive things.  Then, make a list of all the things that you liked in these bad guys.  Then do a compare and contrast--you will find that *extremely* illuminating and give you a list of what to avoid.

c.e. jones wrote:

Welcome to the group, C.E.!  I look forward to your participation and to reading your stuff.

Thanks! It's great to be here!

Welcome back Gacela & welcome to the group C.E.!
Sorry to hear you've been through another bad relationship - believe me, there are tons of good guys out there. They may not come across as so charming or exciting as the bad guys at first, but the good guys are wonderful too!

Gacela, just wait until you're looking over a cliff at a beach, a man crashes his plane, you save him.  A bunch of German soldiers start attacking; he fights along your side...OK, fine.  I just watched Wonder Woman.  Cut me some slack.

Rachel:

I was wondering whether you're some kind of clairvoyant because you were narrating what happened to me just to weeks ago. LOL!

By the way, while I enjoyed Wonder Woman a lot (first DC movie I actually enjoyed; the previous ones were crap, Batman vs. Superman on top of the list with a three honourable mentions), what I disliked is that it took place in WWI. Everybody knows Wonder Woman started in WWII! Why is DC always shitting on themselves?

Kiss,

Gacela