Topic: Covers for MoD and Pulled

Hello!

For those who have read stories in my Tower series, you've probably seen part of the finished cover for Sister Bevenlee and Mother of Pox. (If you have not and are interested, find the novel in my portfolio.) Well, work is progressing on covers for the rest of the stories. I have loaded a near-complete partial cover for Mother of Draglins and Pulled, both also in my portfolio. The other stories will be combined into a collection called Mothers of the Tower. That partial cover is right down there:

https://storage.mlcdn.com/account_image/54085/YByWh5JIFUyzN42CwdXQoESEjRgZwTE9xERyBmwR.jpg

I'll be updating the Last Raptori covers soon, as those are pretty much done did up too!

Re: Covers for MoD and Pulled

This looks great! Can't wait to see the rest.

Is it just me or does the blonde woman second from the right have a blurry face?
Also, the second from the left (is that Mother of Boots?) seems to have more light on the face than the others. The nose is especially bright.

I love the Mother of Draglins cover in your portfolio, by the way.

Hey, Dirk.

The cover size here is enlarged by a huge amount. When viewed in the Kindle or the softcover (5.5"X8") it looks better. And in thumbnail view a lot of the details are lost, but when are they not?

As for the Draglins cover, I'm having my cover artist work on brightening Pae and the draglin in her arms to better reveal those details. As a whole, the entire cover is a bit too dark, especially at thumbnail size. So, still work to be done...

Well done, Seabrass.

Awesome to have three done! I can't imagine trying to work through multiple covers at once, one was enough work for me and I was only trying to backseat drive them in the right direction. It's also really difficult to find fantasy/medieval people for covers or promotional art. The ones you picked fit the characters well though--except I don't know who the guy is supposed to be?

Hello.

The guy is Oppa. Mother of Boots. Mother of Grub suggested he be called Father of Boots, but he decided since Mothers get far more privileges, he'd rather be a Mother. So that's his story.