Topic: Technical Difficulties in IL Reviews

Can anyone help? Sol?  When I'm reviewing, the Submit button often won't work, leaving me to ctrl+C my comment, then Cancel my IL comment, then select the text again, ctrl+V and try Submit again.  Sometimes I've done this two or three times, and fiddled with my mouse, and tried Submitting by different methods, etc..  Sometimes it works to hit the Submit button unsuccessfully, and then X out my IL comment instead of hitting the Cancel button, and then after a few seconds my comment will sometimes magically appear anyway.
Also, I often have trouble selecting the text I want, and sometimes I get messages saying (paraphrasing here) that I can't select the text I want because that text has already been selected for another comment, even though it clearly hasn't been.
I'm on a PC, running Windows 10.  Nothing special or unique.
Thanks!
Elspeth

Re: Technical Difficulties in IL Reviews

I've been seeing glitchen too.   What browser are you using?  I'm on Chrome.

I think there might be some issues with Windows 10. We'll have to take a look. The issue is we're moving servers and that might take another week or so. We can't touch the code until that is completed. Once the move is done, we'll take a look right away. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Sol.  I’m on Firefox, if that helps.

What I'm seeing looks like a disconnect between the cursor position displayed and what the program knows the cursor position to be.  I see the problem not so much on Windows as on Android (Android 11).

6 (edited by njc 2022-03-03 22:16:16)

The problem also seems to occur more often after either an automatic resize or automatic canvas move that occurs to fit the review panel over the text.  If the text is near the right edge of the screen, the panel is also put to the right, forcing a move or resize to fit it on the visible screen.  I have to stress 'seems'.

Elspeth wrote:

Also, I often have trouble selecting the text I want, and sometimes I get messages saying (paraphrasing here) that I can't select the text I want because that text has already been selected for another comment, even though it clearly hasn't been.
I'm on a PC, running Windows 10.  Nothing special or unique.
Thanks!
Elspeth

I've seen that message as well for a while at times. I'm on Windows 10.