Topic: VQF

Ok time to get started w/ my 2022 project. I've outlined this at 42 chapters, so if I post 1 chapter/week I can finish by Christmas. (This rate is basically impossible, so I'll probably finish by summer 2023)

I'm eager to get this one all writted up because many of my original ideas (such as having a city under quarantine for the flu) are no longer fiction. If I wait much longer to release, maybe Nasa will find a way to put people on Charon

2 (edited by George FLC 2022-02-22 20:12:28)

Re: VQF

At approx. 3000 words a chapter this is roughly 126,000 words which is considered a good-sized novel. Do you have the whole novel or whatever it is figured out to the number of chapters? I'm curious as to how you're planning this. I have a general idea of where I'm going but this seems really organized. And I would be impressed with 1 chapter/week!

Hi George...

My average chapter length is 1500, so this is planned to hit 63k words. I know from past experience that my characters will add their own shenanigans for 10% so 69k-ish net. Last meeting, I informed them that anyone pushing us past the 80k mark was getting punted into a separate story, and they promised they understood, so they have 11k of leash to explore

4 (edited by George FLC 2022-02-23 00:36:20)

Do you really trust your characters? Come on! Are they union by chance?

Just finished snooping around to ensure they weren't forming a union behind my back

I have a few characters using .com domain. One fun thing I need to remember is to register their websites before go-live. For the tech company, I'll put a (slightly sinister) site that proclaims leading cybernetics technology without being held back by speed bumps such as ethics.

For the other, I envision a travel company set-up using open content images of tourist destinations, but the descriptions will be outlandish. Such as: "Picture yourself walking on this sandy beach. No flying cars in sight, and rain water safe to drink"

I like the outlandishness! Very good. The ethical speed bumps comment is great! Continue please.

K.dot wrote:

I have a few characters using .com domain. One fun thing I need to remember is to register their websites before go-live. For the tech company, I'll put a (slightly sinister) site that proclaims leading cybernetics technology without being held back by speed bumps such as ethics.

For the other, I envision a travel company set-up using open content images of tourist destinations, but the descriptions will be outlandish. Such as: "Picture yourself walking on this sandy beach. No flying cars in sight, and rain water safe to drink"

K.dot, Are you really going to do actual website tie-ins? That would be amazing. Have you done anything like that with previous books?

Out of curiosity, I looked up both GalaxyTales.com and TheLordoftheEarth.com. Galaxy tales is used by an artist in Germany and has nothing to do with the content of her site. The Lord of the Earth isn't used, although lordoftheearth.com (no leading "the") is for sale for US $60K. I wonder if I should buy it. tongue

Nah, never did this before... but yes, I want to make an actual website that users can google... the page(s) will seem to have similar place names to the story, but never mention the story, as if they're real life Earth corporations.

I think Resident Evil beat me to this idea, but still fun to dive into

60k is a bit much to spend tho

Ok... time to get of my lazy butt and post the rest of the VQF first arc yikes

K.dot wrote:

Ok... time to get of my lazy butt and post the rest of the VQF first arc yikes

Always happy to provide the impetus wink

Almost done my retooling. My last chapter looks like it's gonna be three. Yikes! Quite pleased with the results though it'll take another pass of smoothing