Re: Bug Reports & Admin Requests

Hi, can’t create covers for some of my stories. Can’t figure out why. Any ideas?

27 (edited by Apricots 2022-05-07 18:56:11)

Hey! The form is not very intuitive, but the likely reason you can't submit a cover is because you have selected a file for the cover AND selected that you want a cover title or other selections in the cover form, which causes the cover file to not load for reasons I can't fathom. If you select a file to upload as your cover, be sure you have "create title" on "no," and then hit "upload your image and create your cover." You have to add your own title/author text to the image before upload. Hope this helps, if it doesn't, let me know!

28 (edited by Dirk B. 2022-05-07 19:16:18)

Apricots, you don't normally have to add your own title/author name to the image. The site can do that for you. I'm not sure why you ran into trouble with that.

7sisterseen, if I remember correctly, I've run into the same problem as you in the past. It may have to do with the image itself. I don't know what caused it, but you may want to try a few different images (and image/file types) to see if that fixes it. If no one here can suggest something that works, you can contact SolN for help.

Just tested and you're right, I tried for days before, came to the forums for help, and the only thing that worked was selecting no on the title. The only difference now is that I'm on a different computer. I tried it in four different browsers on my mac and it wouldn't work as long as I had title selected as yes.

30 (edited by dagny 2022-05-08 17:32:01)

I use Pic Monkey for my covers, basics are free and only about 5 dollars a month for a subscription. I usually find an image on google that matches my idea for a cover. Then I down load it to my computer and then use the create from your computer function on Pic Monkey. Once down loaded I can photo shop effects and add a title from font I pick and place it where I want to on the image. Then I reload to my computer, making sure it's gif or jpeg. Then I go to the create a cover function and down load it there. If the file is too big, I go back to Pic Monkey and resize it.

It takes a while to learn the Pic Monkey program, but after you do, you'll get faster and the results will look professional. I've just uploaded a cover and every thing worked, so I hope this helps.

smile