Topic: Pasting from documents

Anyone know how I can copy and paste an image from my documents to the Forum? Nothing seems to work. Does the Forum only accept text/links?

2 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2022-09-09 13:05:27)

Re: Pasting from documents

In the forum, when you are creating a post, look at the top-right of the text entry field. There is a link named "Images." When you click on that there will be a sample HTML command to post a picture. Copy/paste that into your post, then substitute the picture-hosting URL you were given in place of the sample picture in the HTML command. When you post, the picture will show. You must use a hosting site (or your own site, like I use) to post a picture. You cannot use a local URL (like from your Picture or Documents directory on you hard drive).

Bill

3 (edited by Dirk B. 2022-09-09 13:10:42)

Bill, I noticed you use your own server to host the images you post here. Does this mean we need to find a separate site to host our forum image(s), then link to it from TNBW?

Exactly. The big one used to be HostthenPost, but they've gone out of business. There are a lot of others. Photobucket comes to mind, but I don't know if it's free. Google "image hosting sites" and you'll get a lot of them.

Bill

5 (edited by Lauren (CB Laurence) 2022-09-09 13:23:14)

cheyenne cover

I'm trying to post a view only link from Canva, but they're not working here, so cross it off the list I think. smile

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFLstr7B_ … UVLow/view

but you can link to an image. Weird.

6 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2022-09-09 13:23:42)

The substitute URL I mentioned in the HTML command must point to an actual picture, Lauren, such as jpg, bmp, gif, webp, etc, or it won't show up. Some sites, especially commercial sites, will lock their photos so they can't be posted by URL link.

Bill

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the lesson! smile

I took a look at the page source HTML code of your link, Lauren. There is a URL redirect to an are of Canva marked "private". I suspect this is why anyone can see the picture, but can't post it as it doesn't resolve to a jpg-terminated URL. Your "view" link is simply a browser page with the picture embedded on it--nothing else.

Bill

9 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2022-09-09 13:36:29)

My browser (Firefox) lets me take a screen shot of the picture using the right-click menu. Once you take it, you can download the picture to your computer. After that, you can host it anywhere you want and post it as a picture here on the forum. Sounds complicated, but after you've done a few, it's easy. Since it's hosted on Canva, it might be copyrighted, so be careful and check before posting it anywhere.

Bill

You have a PM, Lauren.

Bill

Hi Bill,
That's a new project of mine, so I think I own the copyright, but I get what you're saying. I have S3 storage with Amazon, but it's a pain. I had a photobucket account eons ago...maybe I'll see if I can resurrect it. Nice to be connected!
Lauren

I like the cover. Feel free to use the link I gave you, or you can let me know and I'll take it down.

Bill

Thanks, Bill, but your solution was too complicated for this tech-challenged user. But I found a way to post my image in another way. It just won't be in the Forum. See my new Forum post.