Topic: Testers for site on new server

Hi all,

We're getting ready to move TNBW to a new server. Once we do that, it will allow us to more easily update the site. Our development has been frozen until we can complete the move.

If anyone has the time or inclination, I'd like to invite you to try out the new site in our testing environment to see if it's working correctly. I'll be doing the same this week. If you do check it out and find anything amiss, please report it below.

Please note, most of the images have not been moved and so will not appear. That's not a bug.

We hope to have this wrapped up in the next week

https://tnbw.k8s.booksie.com

Thanks!

2 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2022-05-08 21:04:51)

Re: Testers for site on new server

Unable to log in, Sol. Rejects either my email or password. Or, do we have to create a new profile?

Bill

Sol, I'm unable to get in using my normal email address and password. The same ones work fine on this site.

Yes, hold on. There are still a few issues we need to resolve first. I may have jumped the gun smile. Thanks for taking a look so quickly!

Hi all,

Bringing this back to the top. The new server is now ready for testing. You can login with your existing email address and password. If you have some time, play around, post content, leave a comment, post something to the forum, etc. Posts any problems you have into this forum thread and we'll get them fixed. Thanks in advance for your help!

https://tnbw.k8s.booksie.com/

Sol

6 (edited by Dirk B. 2022-06-21 03:29:59)

Sol, you may want to delete this thread from the test server, otherwise people may report problems there, rather than here. Either that, or monitor this thread on both servers.

Hi Sol,

When I clicked on the link it told me my membership had expired and won't let me in unless I renew. However, I received an email from TNBW two days ago saying my membership had been renewed.

Regards, Randall

Invalid email or wrong password is the response I get when trying to log in.

Bill

Hey Sol.

I logged in with no problem. Links seem to work fine. The postings showing on my dashboard are about a month behind, however. It shows most everyone was last online in May instead of June. Other than that, I didn't see any problems.

Bobbie

The test server database is about a month old so that's why the dates are a bit dated smile. If you can't login, make sure you are using the same credentials as you do on the live site. If that still doesn't work, send me a private message. Thanks!

Still the same error message: invalid email or wrong password.

Bill

Sol--
I logged in without a problem, the only thing I noticed is that there were no profile pics or book covers. Other than that, good to go!
dags smile

I have the same issue as dagny. All images are missing.

14 (edited by George FLC 2022-06-22 20:58:13)

I also have ho profile pics or book covers. I cannot get this thread either. I was able to respond to a review and I sent a message.

15 (edited by Dirk B. 2022-06-22 22:57:28)

Other than images, I found no issues. I tested inlines, regular reviews, messages, quickees, the forums, and related screens/features. Email notifications work, too (thanks, George!).

Mine is working well except for the pics. I might be able to post a story tomorrow if needed.

17 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2022-06-23 13:55:40)

Can't get in yet. Tried my old password in case you transferred the database before I changed it. Even with the new password, I can't get into the site.

Bill

Unable to access--still wants me to update my account even though I received an email on the 19th saying this was done.

Unable to access--still wants me to update my account even though I received an email on the 19th saying this was done.

Hi Randall, try it now. I changed you to Premium on the test server also.

B Douglas, I'll email with some info.

Sol

20 (edited by B Douglas Slack 2022-06-24 19:28:26)

Used the new PW, Sol. Worked just fine. I changed it back to my usual one, logged out, then logged back in using the normal one. Worked just fine. Guess it just needed a PW reset.

Bill

Hi Sol,
I'm in now. Looking good but I don't see any profile pics or book covers.
regards, Randall

I was hoping to a new chapter today. Should I use the old or new server?

The new server is a test server, George.