Topic: Can you help me, Sol?

I can't access two of my chapters (4 and 5) from my novel Reconstruction Days. They haven't been deactivated, and the reviews are still there, but the chapter content is no longer there. Is there any way to retrieve those chapters from your archives?

Re: Can you help me, Sol?

You might give this a try, Nathan:

https://web.archive.org/web/2021*/thenextbigwriter.com

Bill

Douglas, that URL was no help, at least for me.

Odd. I've recovered quite a few items from this site, not necessarily from Booksie, but I did get my old comments back from a chapter I had to delete a couple of years ago. Didn't go back far enough, or didn't have the particular pages you needed?

Bill

That's interesting. So if I get flagged by reviewers on a sensitivity issue and delete a chapter, it lives on forever over there? yikes

K.dot wrote:

That's interesting. So if I get flagged by reviewers on a sensitivity issue and delete a chapter, it lives on forever over there? yikes

The internet is like zombie land where things never die forever. Take care. Vern

K.dot wrote:

And probably all of our forum posts too.

I can't access two of my chapters (4 and 5) from my novel Reconstruction Days. They haven't been deactivated, and the reviews are still there, but the chapter content is no longer there. Is there any way to retrieve those chapters from your archives?

I don't see any content for those chapters. Did you delete it? I can look and see if we have the chapter in the backups. Do you know when the content disappeared?

SolN wrote:

I don't see any content for those chapters. Did you delete it? I can look and see if we have the chapter in the backups. Do you know when the content disappeared?

I don't think I deleted those chapters, and hadn''t noticed the problem until recently. If you can find those chapters, you will make my day.

K.dot wrote:

Oh, yeah. I used to run a virtual train site about ten years ago. Some of it is still there in the Wayback machine.