Welcome: Visitor
 Login to the site Join the site

#1 09-19-2008 18:50:32

WJV_2025
Website

Welcome to the Sci-fi and Space Sci-fi Society

This is an area to bring the quality of Science Fiction and it's daughter genre, Space Sci-fy, into a higher grade of quality. As much as we all know the names of Steven King of Horror and Thrillers, and he gets best sellers every time simply because of the name, we need to get Modern Science Fiction writers to become house hold names.

That is why we come here.

This is not MY forum so if anyone else would like to 'Moderate' just speak up and you shall be so branded...

thanks,

Wayne

PS: Keep the hallways free of offesive remarks. If you want to be cussive, take it to the cussin' closet, or else keep it in your novels.

Once we have enough people joining here, we shall establish a democratic leadership system to help direct the read-reviews of this Society.

My Current Novel Commitment:
1) Silverstone by Aryanne started on Aug 14
2) Dance In The Rain  by Marilyn Johnson started August 28
3) Mascara Masquerade     by Sideman   Started Sept 6

#2 09-21-2008 18:49:35

Rick Mann
Website

Re: Welcome to the Sci-fi and Space Sci-fi Society

Okay, I'm in. Is this all there is to it? My interests in SF are time travel, space travel (i.e., space opera), SF fairie tales, alternate universes, and space fantasy.

I have posted three novels, one is finished: The Frontier Below the Horizon, Two are in process of being posted: The Empress and the Captain; and The Kassian Chronicles, Double Play.

I've had two short stories published, one posted here: Not of This World.

I am 76 and I urgently want a novel published before I depart this world.

My appreciation to the several who have been faithful in reviewing my posted works.

Rick Mann/ Aka Dick to my friends.

Last edited by Rick Mann (09-21-2008 18:50:32)

Getting editors to recognize writing genius is harder than sneaking daylight past a rooster!

#3 09-24-2008 15:54:27

WJV_2025
Website

Welcome back Rick.

By the way, I have started reviewing one of your novels, The Cassian Chronicles. I am taking the reviewing process slower, to make for a better process. Very interesting opening premise, a super smart baby... hmm...

== Wayne

#4 09-24-2008 17:34:31

Rick Mann
Website

WJV_2025 wrote:

Welcome back Rick.

By the way, I have started reviewing one of your novels, The Cassian Chronicles. I am taking the reviewing process slower, to make for a better process. Very interesting opening premise, a super smart baby... hmm...

== Wayne

Wayne, are we supposed to list what we intend to review? I'm not sure just how this should work.

Rick

Getting editors to recognize writing genius is harder than sneaking daylight past a rooster!

#5 09-24-2008 18:40:04

WJV_2025
Website

Use this thread: http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/forum/v … hp?id=9193   to list something you would like focused reading and reviewing.  If we can get four or five to sign up, then we could do review rounds, focusing on, say, 5 chapters per novel listed, in a group fashion.

That will have two separate goals:

1) Help us refine the process of reviewing for Science Fiction and Space Sci-fi...
2) Make sure that all Sci-fi writers get their posted work reviewed and sharpened up for the professional editors to finalize and get the works into the published world.

We could also perhaps do a collected selection of something that is actually published.  More over, if we included two published works, one from the classics and the other from a recently published work, then that would significantly inhance our study of the form.

But this is all just ideas that need other's inputs to make a more realistic reality.

==Wayne

#6 05-11-2009 03:23:40

matt

Is this forum still active? The posts all look fairly dated.

#7 05-11-2009 03:48:28

Sapsorrow

Dillidge Carver wrote:

matt wrote:

The forum is very active, but given its nature the activity is occurring right now but in the future. Apart from the posts that you are reading, which were written in one version of the past which may or may occur depending upon previous events that haven’t happen yet. wink

I still can't believe what you said tommorow smile

#8 05-11-2009 04:46:16

bc1yax

Hey is this site up and active? like someone to exchange my reviews with - anyone out there? - bc1yax

As my mother always said to me 'you must eat pie, crust first'

#9 05-11-2009 10:06:50

Sapsorrow

Dillidge Carver wrote:

Sapsorrow wrote:

Dillidge Carver wrote:

The forum is very active, but given its nature the activity is occurring right now but in the future. Apart from the posts that you are reading, which were written in one version of the past which may or may occur depending upon previous events that haven’t happen yet. wink

I still can't believe what you said tommorow smile

I love these new long range x-ray specs! Very nice !! wink

And I love my new long range breast implants.  Very twice. big_smile

#10 05-11-2009 12:17:34

s_thatcher
Banned

matt wrote:

I've never dated any of them. smile
Mr. Moderator went to heaven, I think, or wherever Dill rode him out on the rail he came in on. big_smile

#11 05-11-2009 19:56:28

s_thatcher
Banned

Dillidge Carver wrote:

He went to heaven to re-organize it.

So the moderator position is open? lol

#12 05-12-2009 05:18:32

Sapsorrow

Dillidge Carver wrote:

Sapsorrow wrote:

Dillidge Carver wrote:

I love these new long range x-ray specs! Very nice !! wink

And I love my new long range breast implants.  Very twice. big_smile

I love that they are detachable and radio- active.  (Radio active breasts have those big twirly knobs for tuning-in to sports-reports station).

I agree, they are really wonderful....

Last edited by Sapsorrow (05-13-2009 01:23:45)

#13 05-12-2009 09:08:03

s_thatcher
Banned

WOW! 5598 posts? You have a LOT to say. lol I want to witness when you rollover 6000! (next week?)

#14 05-14-2009 22:00:01

s_thatcher
Banned

Kydd Dustyn wrote:

Well, that brought the potential for this forum to a screeching halt, eh?  Thought I'd clicked on the nonsense cafe forum for a minute.

Ball's in your court, sci-fi-guy. smile

#15 06-23-2009 23:47:29

matt

WJV_2025 wrote:

This is an area to bring the quality of Science Fiction and it's daughter genre, Space Sci-fy, into a higher grade of quality. As much as we all know the names of Steven King of Horror and Thrillers, and he gets best sellers every time simply because of the name, we need to get Modern Science Fiction writers to become house hold names.

That is why we come here.

This is not MY forum so if anyone else would like to 'Moderate' just speak up and you shall be so branded...

thanks,

Wayne

PS: Keep the hallways free of offesive remarks. If you want to be cussive, take it to the cussin' closet, or else keep it in your novels.

Once we have enough people joining here, we shall establish a democratic leadership system to help direct the read-reviews of this Society.

I'm afraid I can't comply with the request to "keep the hallways free of offensive remarks". This forum is pathetic. I know I'll get hate mail, but it hurts to see a proud genre reduced to this.

I tried to establish contact with this forum and was greeted with nothing but absurd replies (including off color photo's - apparently the site manager has removed them).  Another writer who I happen to know also met the same fate.

You said you were looking for someone else to manage the forum. I'd love to give it a try. Anyone who is a serious sci-fi scribbler, please post here. We can start this thing back up.

I already belong to a forum that knows how to get the job done. They're serious people, but one of the members of that group seems to think we're a bunch of nerds. I'd love to prove him wrong. Let's see.

Last edited by matt (06-26-2009 02:40:57)

#16 07-02-2009 07:00:55

TirzahLaughs
Website

Kydd Dustyn wrote:

s_thatcher wrote:

Ball's in your court, sci-fi-guy. smile

lol Sci-fi-guy, s_thatcher...  you're so funny.  More like Small Fry, the sci-fi Fly.  lol

--Kydd (who is female)

Don't you keep a set of balls in a jar on your desk, like Stephen King? 

No, wait....he kept the heart of a small child.  Oh well, to-mato/tom-ato.

T.

All things are possible...but no one said any of it would be easy.   BLOG:  acleverwhatever.blogspot.com

Board footer

About | News | Contact | Writing Resources | Affiliate Program | Blog | Booksie Online Publishing
THE NEXT BIG WRITER © 2008 | All rights reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Policy.

Valid HTML 4.01! Valid CSS!