Welcome: Visitor
 Login to the site Join the site

#1 01-04-2010 08:02:50

rae brown

Best netbook for writers?

Hi,

I am trying to find a netbook that will be prominently for word processing (ms-word specifically). I realize netbooks are mostly for surfing the web but I am just looking for a LIGHTWEIGHT long lasting batterylife netbook. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Rae

#2 01-12-2010 14:04:08

R A Keen
Website

Re: Best netbook for writers?

Hi rae - You may want to visit a site like PCMag and see what they have to say.

They often do a comparison of different models as a group and award an Editor's Choice, though not always what may fill the bill for an individual who may place more importance on another set of features.

Good luck - R A Keen.

". . . I have spread my dreams beneath your feet;
tread softly because you tread on my dreams . . . ." - W.B. Yeats

#3 04-07-2010 06:51:52

TirzahLaughs
Website

Acers have problems with 'shorts'.  Some are fine, some are not.  With netbooks, ALWAYS try the keyboards, some are crappier than others.

If you are looking for just a little laptop, Toshiba has one starting at $399, a very basic laptop.  They also do a netbook for a lower price.  The Toshiba has the better netbook keyboard but I'm not sure about functionality.

All things are possible...but no one said any of it would be easy.   BLOG:  acleverwhatever.blogspot.com

#4 04-08-2010 06:43:42

william short

As far as the reader is concerned, the writer should select a machine with a spell-checker. There is nothing like basic spelling errors to lower the intellect of prose within the readers perception. (Purely in my opinion, of course).

Board footer

About | News | Contact | Writing Resources | Affiliate Program | Blog | Booksie Online Publishing
THE NEXT BIG WRITER © 2008 | All rights reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Policy.

Valid HTML 4.01! Valid CSS!