Halloween and Costume Humor Contests
Sponsored by TheNextBigWriter, LLC and Fashion Bloom USA Inc.
Official Competition Rules and Regulations
1. OPEN ONLY TO REGISTERED MEMBERS OF THENEXTBIGWRITER.COM
Writing Members of theNextBigWriter.com may enter by:
- Posting their work on theNextBigWriter.com site, anytime during the Contest period. The short story must include the tags "halloween_story" and the flash fiction piece must include the tags "costume_flash." For a work to be posted it must be published to the site and visible on the appropriate tag pages.
All work posted to the sites by members is the sole responsibility of the submitting person. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content posted or otherwise made available via the sites. Sponsor reserves the right to declare any entries determined to not be in accordance with the stated terms of theNextBigWriter Member Agreement.
Short Story Contest
The short story should be between 2,500 and 5,000 words with a Halloween theme. There are no genre restrictions. Anything goes. We are looking for the most engaging, can't-put-it-down story to feature on the costumealibi.com Halloween Stories page.
The flash fiction piece should have a costume theme and doesn't necessarily have to be about Halloween. It should be a humorous story between 500 and 1,000 words. Judging criteria -- The laugh-out-loudest story wins.
2. Judging and Winner Selection: The editorial staff of costumealibi.com will choose the winning entries. The winners will be announced on October 31, 2010.
- $500 publishing contract from costumealibi.com.
- $100 publishing contract from costumealibi.com
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No transfer or substitution of prizes permitted. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or local taxes on the value of their prizes. Winners are responsible for all costs or expenses not specifically exempted herein. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his/her name, pen name, likeness, and city and state of residence for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law.
5. Limitation of Liability: Sponsors are not responsible for typographical errors in any contest-related materials; or for any individual's inability to enter this contest, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, telephone, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or modify contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event that the contest is terminated, all eligible entries received before termination will be ranked. Entrants agree that the Sponsors, their promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these official rules.
6. Winners List: For a list of winners send a postcard, only, with your name and address to: TheNextBigWriter Halloween and Costume Contest Winners List, P.O. Box 610383, Newton, MA 02461. Winners will also be posted on theNextBigWriter.com website as they are determined.
7. Sponsor: theNextBigWriter, LLC, P.O. Box 610383, Newton, MA 02461.